Thread: Creating dvd

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Creating dvd

I'm trying to burn a film to disc to play with a standard dvd player but when brasero gets to the mpeg2 conversion it freezes at 5mib and just does nothing, system monitor has brasero as sleeping. i'm using ubuntu 12.04 (lts) i had this problem with 11.04 and it's one of the reasons i upgraded my distro. i have added the dvdauthor package but it refuses to convert to mpeg2 and to create a dvd. any ideas please?
    i have already been through google a dozen times but can't seem to find any solution
    Totally 1 million% converted -

i'm sorry.......... Microwho?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Creating dvd

I assume you tried to burn dvd with video project button, so I would try to burn dvd as data project. If that's not working then I would try to burn dvd with another burner such as K3b burner.
    I have a couple of problems with brasero (image burning) so I switched to k3b burner which is working really good.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A QUANTAL QUETZAL IS...BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE PRETZEL AND I LIKE PRETZEL

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

What format is the film in?
    You may need to use something like DeVeDe first, to convert it to an iso, then burn it to DVD.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

i use devede to create my dvd's. have you tried that, it's in the repos. it'll create an iso, that you can then use brasero to burn the image to a dvd