Thread: SendMessage API

Beans

SendMessage API

Hey Everyone,

So I'm using PBXIAF at home with Asterisk and the CallerID Superfecta module. The owner of that module just created a new plugin for it that will send the CallerID information to MythTV and I'm currently testing it. It appears to be working to me however though when I test the API call with the address: "http://192.168.1.139:6544/Myth/SendMessage?Message=%22Incoming+call+from+Test%3A% 28303%29+777-3456%22"

In my browser I get the XML True response so the backend got the call and accepted but on all of my front ends nothing shows up. I'm wondering is there something that I need to have turned on, on the front ends? Thank you for your help.
    webmaster www.thefuzz4.net
    Ubuntu Saucy on every computer in my house

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: SendMessage API

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuzz4 View Post
    Hey Everyone,

So I'm using PBXIAF at home with Asterisk and the CallerID Superfecta module. The owner of that module just created a new plugin for it that will send the CallerID information to MythTV and I'm currently testing it. It appears to be working to me however though when I test the API call with the address: "http://192.168.1.139:6544/Myth/SendMessage?Message=%22Incoming+call+from+Test%3A% 28303%29+777-3456%22"

In my browser I get the XML True response so the backend got the call and accepted but on all of my front ends nothing shows up. I'm wondering is there something that I need to have turned on, on the front ends? Thank you for your help.
    The SendMessage command is one of the few frontend services (eg. You connect to the frontend to do it, not the backend). See http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frontend_Service#SendMessage
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans

Thanks for the clarification on that. If I wanted to send a broadcast message to all frontends do you have a suggestion on how that could be accomplished? Thanks.
    webmaster www.thefuzz4.net
    Ubuntu Saucy on every computer in my house

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

To send mess to one frontend:
    netcat -uv -q1 -w 0 mythhostname 6948 < message.txt

where message.txt
    Code:
    <mythmessage version="1">
      <text> Test Message Text</text>
      <timeout>5</timeout>
    </mythmessage>
    or can use "mythutil --message --message_text='Test Mess' --timeout=10 --bcastaddr hostIP"

To send to all FE this might work:
    set hostIP to 0.0.0.0
    netcat can probably broadcast as well..