Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard Announces Linux Game

Beans

Re: Blizzard Announces Linux Game

Are there any news? That thread is very old already.

Beans

Although there is no source given (from Blizzard), it kind of reads like it is not "one specific client" - a "Linux Game Announcement" seems to mean a game tailored specifically to Linux, which would make no sense from their point of view. Ergo, I think they will be pushing out a Linux launcher for SC2 and D3 - which doesn't seem like a huge leap because their respective engines are already optimised for Mac and Windows, running reasonably well under WINE and just need some OpenGL enhancements/support

Beans

...this is what we know for a long time already! The problem in fact is, that Blizzard does know that all but never made any efforts in releasing a client for linux. Even an unofficial and unsupported alpha client for SCII would be what I'd love to use. But Blizzard keeps ignoring peoples requests...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by cRaZyBisCuiT View Post
    ...this is what we know for a long time already! The problem in fact is, that Blizzard does know that all but never made any efforts in releasing a client for linux. Even an unofficial and unsupported alpha client for SCII would be what I'd love to use. But Blizzard keeps ignoring peoples requests...
    I dont understand why Blizzard are being douchebags about not releasing some of their games for Linux it would be quite easy for them to do so even their latest game Hearthstone that was made with unity game engine, they couldnt even bother to release it for android but they sure did release it for ipad? WTF same thing there unity basically allows you to make a Linux build with the click of a button.
    Its almost if they have some kind of allergy toward opensource LOL.
    Feel free to add a fellow linux gamer on steam && desura : Maokei

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

It better be Warcraft 4. For christ sakes, I've been waiting ten years! TEN. YEARS.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Cool Re: Blizzard Announces Linux Game

Quote Originally Posted by King Dude View Post
    It better be Warcraft 4. For christ sakes, I've been waiting ten years! TEN. YEARS.
    I remember one of the PC gaming magazines gave the original Dungeon Quest the "Best Game Of The Year--For Exactly One Week" award, 'cos Warcraft 3 came out exactly one week later.

I daresay that I personally wouldn't mind one bit if Warcraft 3 came out for Linux. That was a GOOD game.
    Last edited by oldrocker99; May 16th, 2013 at 12:56 AM. Reason: removed graphic

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro

Dude, it was an amazing game. For years I've spent hours playing Azeroth Wars with my best friend, and it never gets old. But hell, these days it's hard to game as much as I used to when I was younger. I just can't seem to find the time anymore.

Beans

Watch... It will be Hearthstone that will be supported on Linux.... I -truly- wish it was going to be WoW, but honestly I don't forsee that being it. That is, -UNLESS- they've basically kept their Linux Client from alpha up-to-date from the beginning, like Phoronix is saying that they have. However, I do not know if I can believe someone who it criticized to be so... "Rumorish"

Beans
    Distro

To tell the truth, I don't care for World of Warcraft. All of my friends tried to get me into it but it never really stuck. It's probably because I do not use a keyboard when I play my games, and there are way too many buttons to fit on a gamepad.

What's this Hearthstone I keep hearing about?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by doxramos View Post
    WoW itself I don't feel was a disappointment but rather WoTLK was the begin of the fall. The original WoW game I feel was actually pretty good.
    Totally agree. The original was the best but after that its been more of a money pit. Stopped playing last year on PC and have not missed it. Bring anything else to the table Blizzard and I will be on it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast