Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Blizzard Announces Linux Game

Wish they would bring over starcraft 2 to linux and Diablo 3 aswell
    Feel free to add a fellow linux gamer on steam && desura : Maokei

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I really hope that this comes through, it will be exciting to see what comes.
    That's the kind of society I want to build. I want a guarantee -- with physics and mathematics, not with laws -- that we can give ourselves real privacy of personal communications. - John Gilmore

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

It was usually a problem, that, yeah, you could play older games which already had their install-guides made by people who discovered the right wine+codecs+directX version combination, although you could not play the more fresh games which your friends were playing at the time.. Usually. Now it may gain in speed and Linux gaming will gradually catch up with the others

Beans

It seems like I am the only one here hoping that they come out with something totally original, beautiful, and fun to play .... like the first Warcraft was for its time. I would love to see something so different, so inviting that people would get over their fear of trying a new OS, and upgrade to Linux just to give the game a try.

Beans

Talking Re: Blizzard Announces Linux Game

W00t! The only thing that would hold me back from Linux, which isn't still going to hold me back, would be the lack of games available. I feel that this is a big step up from Blizzard and will not only increase the name of Blizzard Entertainment, but also increase the name of Linux distros such as Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMaille
    It seems like I am the only one here hoping that they come out with something totally original, beautiful, and fun to play
    Nope, I hope too! Absolutely, it would be a perfect gift for Linux gaming community

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMaille View Post
    It seems like I am the only one here hoping that they come out with something totally original, beautiful, and fun to play .... like the first Warcraft was for its time. I would love to see something so different, so inviting that people would get over their fear of trying a new OS, and upgrade to Linux just to give the game a try.
    Agreed, but I think in the article he says that they are going to come out with a Linux port of one of their games that they already have. It's well known that they have an internal Linux version of WoW, so I'm speculating that that's it, given the FOSS community's attitude to all the lockdown of Diablo 3.

That being said, we just have to make sure the Linux port is successful so when they DO come out with a new, beautiful game, Linux support will be available immediately.
    Linux Gamer.
    Steam: rudeboyskunk
    Desura: rudeboyskunk
    Add me as a friend. Kill zombies/aliens/nazis with me. ON LINUX.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMaille View Post
    It seems like I am the only one here hoping that they come out with something totally original, beautiful, and fun to play .... like the first Warcraft was for its time.
    I don't think Blizzard is capable of that anymore. Much of their talent from the golden age is gone and the influence of Activision has greatly stifled the originality.

Diablo III and Starcraft II are vastly inferior to their predecessors from a game design standpoint. In the place of good pacing, complex battle systems, and attention to detail we get flash, half-releases (splitting SC2 into three games, launching D3 without PVP), hyped up promises, and probably the worst customer support/fan relations of any company out there. Anyone who expects 90s Blizzard from those jokers at ActiBlizz is just setting themselves up for disappointment. I learned the hard way.
    ---------------
    http://the-board.info/

My site. Come visit me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Any game would be welcomed as long as it was 1) fun and 2) widely adored. Why? Because if enough big companies get behind Linux even once, then support for the community would continue to flourish and we would see more like it.

Which would truly end up setting Linux > Windows for good. And if that happens, more people will switch over to Linux distros and won't feel shackled like they have for Windows.

Can't wait. I see big things in future!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    I don't think Blizzard is capable of that anymore. Much of their talent from the golden age is gone and the influence of Activision has greatly stifled the originality.

Diablo III and Starcraft II are vastly inferior to their predecessors from a game design standpoint. In the place of good pacing, complex battle systems, and attention to detail we get flash, half-releases (splitting SC2 into three games, launching D3 without PVP), hyped up promises, and probably the worst customer support/fan relations of any company out there. Anyone who expects 90s Blizzard from those jokers at ActiBlizz is just setting themselves up for disappointment. I learned the hard way.
    Actually that prize goes to bethesda. Just look how they treat 1/3 of their fan base on PS3.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast