Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remastersys 3.0.4-1 for Ubuntu precise(12.04) and quantal(12.10) released

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Exclamation Remastersys 3.0.4-1 for Ubuntu precise(12.04) and quantal(12.10) released

From the changelog:

* 3.0.4-1
    * iso is now also isohybrid so it can be dd'd to a usb key simply without having to use usb creator or unetbootin
    * fixed urandom issue
    * fixed ssh keys being leftover
    * fixed resolv.conf removal for 12.10 as if it is a link, it will not be removed
    * fixed issue with timezone for live system
    * fixed issue with too many tty's logged in on the live system

Also added .desktop files for remastersys-gui and remastersys-gtk for kde. Fixed a missing dep in remastersys-gtk that didn't have remastersys as a dependency.

One thing I almost forgot to mention is that creation of the filesystem.squashfs is now completed in 1 run.

Info on adding the repository and installing the packages can be found at http://www.remastersys.com/ubuntu.html
    Last edited by Fragadelic; January 7th, 2013 at 07:22 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Remastersys 3.0.4-1 for Ubuntu precise(12.04) and quantal(12.10) released

Hooray!!!!

thanks, Fragz

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I've been doing a lot of testing with the higher compression for mksquashfs and it works fine now.

If you want to have higher compression, add "-comp xz" to the end of the squashfsopts and it will have the highest compression possible. This increases the time to create the squashfs file considerably but will allow smaller iso sizes.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks!
    Ubuntu with me & me with Ubuntu! my GNU/Linux https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DerivativeTe.../Flavitu-Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Are there any news about support for 13.04?
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

The latest version 3.0.4-2 works with 13.04.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

What... are you stopping development?
    http://www.remastersys.com/

Please say it's a joke.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

It is no joke. I have stopped development of remastersys altogether. There is someone that might fork it and continue but not sure at this point. I am completely done with it and remastersys is dead now.h

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Hello, Fragadelic.

I knew that you were serious about it. This is the second time that you drop your Remastersys project. The first time you dropped Remastersys at v2.18.1 way back in 2010. Then you revived it in 2011, just to stop it in 2013 a second time. And again, like in 2010, you seem to have been really quick in removing the repositories from the web.
    Therefore your statement that you made only a day ago that Remastersys v3.04.2 worked on Ubuntu 13.04 is not really helpful, because as far as I can find out there is no way of downloading and hence installing Remastersys v3.04.2 anywhere.
    Or have I missed a location?

Kind regards,
    Karl
    Last edited by Karlchen; April 28th, 2013 at 10:43 PM.
    "I killed her in pure self-defense", said the bear after crushing the mouse. "She threatened my life."
    War (What is it good for)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

If you already have Remastersys installed but want the deb to install on another system etc you can use dpkg-repack.

Code:
    sudo dpkg-repack remastersys
    There is also a program called Relinux to create a livecd backup. I tested that out today and it worked nicely.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast