Thread: Computer Icon Disappeared after Update

Beans

Computer Icon Disappeared after Update

I installed the updates on my Ubuntu 12.10 with Gnome 3 DE and now the Computer icon has disappeared. If I open Nautilus I can see a Computer tab under Devices, along with my other mounted devices. How to bring back the Computer icon on Desktop? Is there a way to do this? I couldn't find it in dconf-editor/gconf-editor/gnome-tweak-tool.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Computer Icon Disappeared after Update

Quote Originally Posted by riderplus View Post
    I installed the updates on my Ubuntu 12.10 with Gnome 3 DE and now the Computer icon has disappeared. If I open Nautilus I can see a Computer tab under Devices, along with my other mounted devices. How to bring back the Computer icon on Desktop? Is there a way to do this? I couldn't find it in dconf-editor/gconf-editor/gnome-tweak-tool.
    I'm wondering if resetting Nautilus would solve the issue for you? Here's a quick link that might work.

Beans

Re: Computer Icon Disappeared after Update

Actually that won't solve it. The issue is that now "Computer" stands for "File system" in Nautilus >>3.6. Therefore you have to create a Launcher for "Computer" and in the command tab write "nautilus /". That would bring the computer icon back...of course, without the original icon.