Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOWTO: Switch between a fullscreen game and your regular desktop

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Switch between a fullscreen game and your regular desktop

Have you tried rebooting? You need to reboot for some of the permissions to come through... I should probably add a dialog box explaining that. :/

Also, have you tried the manual method described here? I would very much appreciate help debugging the app!

Yes, audio works on all desktops, and is all mixed together. Indeed useful for getting chat notifications!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I've just installed your gameLauncher program. It works really well (if you log out and in as mentioned in the previous post) however my Steam library games don't appear in the list. Is there anyway to have them work with the program?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Why are you so awesome ? This app is brilliant and has awesome potential ! I would be very happy to be a lab rat and help debug

It works. Seems like a reboot did the charm.

Anyway have a few suggestions and a bug report:

Bug:

Sound passes through perfectly from main desktop to game desktop, but not the other way around, it either doesn't pass on some games, or it does pass, but has that 1 second loophole sound that a pc has when it crashes.

In the first case(sound doesn't pass), the soundtrack from the game, continues(but i cannot hear it) when i go to the main desktop, when i come back to the game desktop, the soundtrack location corresponds the time passed on the main desktop.

In the second case(loophole sound), it pauses the soundtrack and when i come back it continues as it left off.

Haven't tested any in-game-server yet, will post updates in the near future.

Edit: Tested Warsow in-game-server and the sound didn't pass from Game desktop to main desktop

Suggestions:

Also insert restart needed message, after adding games to be launched this way, since i had to reboot to launch them in the other xserver(confirmed with a few games).

Support qlprism( http://www.qlprism.us/ ), desura games, steam games, unified zips(or launch scripts, custom launchers etc) and wine games.

4 sound options, with the option to have them globally configured(for all games, or different option for each game):
    A: Game and main desktop sounds are always audible on both desktops.
    B: Game and main desktop sounds are only audible on their own desktops.
    C: Game sounds are audible on main desktop, but not vice-versa.
    D: Main desktop sounds are audible in Game, but not vice-versa.

If i insert my admin pass, maybe i should be allowed to use admin privileges for all future actions, instead of inserting my admin pass 7 times, if i want to add 7 games to be launcher this way.

Is there any way to subscribe to a feed of sorts, or newsletter to be notified of future updates ? and if u need any help from some random dude, i am more then happy to help !
    Last edited by cristo-father; February 23rd, 2013 at 02:26 PM.

Beans

Oh, oops! Somehow I didn't get notifications about your posts, guys. Thank you very much for your interest, and I will try to look at all the bugs you mention.

Also check out FSGamer that seems to do the same, and might work better for you.

If there is an update, I will post about it on this thread for now. And also push to the PPA.

Beans

Hey, I noticed that none of you used the link mentioned in the first post for opening bugs. It would really be easier for me to track things there, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12