Thread: Adobe Flash Plugin Won't Install

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Adobe Flash Plugin Won't Install

During normal system update an error kept occurring that would not let it complete. The problem was that it could not get a file for the Adobe Flash Plugin Installer. So I removed Adobe Flash. The updates completed. There has to be a glitch in the repository, I think, that will not download flash. I am using Synaptic package manager to reinstall and it can't get by this message:

Preconfiguring packages ...
    Selecting previously unselected package flashplugin-installer.
    (Reading database ... 610035 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking flashplugin-installer (from .../flashplugin-installer_11.2.202.262ubuntu0.12.04.1_i386.deb) ...
    Processing triggers for update-notifier-common ...
    flashplugin-installer: downloading http://archive.canonical.com/pool/pa...62.orig.tar.gz

Any thoughts on this one?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Adobe Flash Plugin Won't Install

Code:
    sudo sed -i 's/\# deb h/deb h/;s/\# deb-src h/deb-src h/' /etc/apt/sources.list;sudo apt-get update;sudo apt-get purge flashplugin-installer;sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin adobe-flash-properties-gtk
    this will enable the Canonical Partners repo, update the apt database, purge flash, and install flash

if you are using kde change gtk at the end of the command to kde
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

flashplugin-installer: downloading http://archive.canonical.com/pool/pa...62.orig.tar.gz
    When it reaches this line, is it just hanging there as if nothing is happening?

If so then it is actually doing its thing and installing it.

I've actually seen it hang at this for something like 4 or 5 minutes, as if it froze. If you wait it out, it might eventually kick back into gear.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by pqwoerituytrueiwoq View Post
    Code:
    sudo sed -i 's/\# deb h/deb h/;s/\# deb-src h/deb-src h/' /etc/apt/sources.list;sudo apt-get update;sudo apt-get purge flashplugin-installer;sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin adobe-flash-properties-gtk
    this will enable the Canonical Partners repo, update the apt database, purge flash, and install flash

if you are using kde change gtk at the end of the command to kde
    Thanks for the tip. This fixed my problem. Up and running. Thanks.