Hi I am new to the forum and would be grateful to anyone who could explain the instructions to install a drivers for my zoostorm laptop running ubuntu12.10. Every thing works except the wifi which is switched on. I have managed to download the drivers from a dropbox link and the tar.gz file is in my downloads folder. the instructions on how to install are the following :
Support for the RTL8273AE-BT has been added by Realtek in the 92-series driver, version 0006.0514.2012. For unknown reasons, neither the Windows nor Linux drivers are available on their website (yet). But Realtek tech support has been providing a Dropbox link with the source code/firmware tarball which numerous users have reported as working
- The driver can be downloaded via this Dropbox link.
- I can confirm that this file is what it claims to be, with this content listing, provided it has the following MD5 or SHA1 hashes: (which you can verify with md5sum or sha1sum)
MD5: fd10e9a347c6447f649324d6bdab53de SHA1: 1ccd6ae73878d8bf65bd7c0384e333b121606230
How do I build and install the driver on Ubuntu?
- Open a terminal with Ctrl+Alt+T.
- You'll need to install these packages first to build the driver:
sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-generic linux-headers-`uname -r`
- Paste the below line to download and extract the driver archive in one single step:
wget -O- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57056576/DRI...14.2012.tar.gz | tar -xz
- Change to the extracted driver's directory, build and install the driver:
cd rtl_92ce_92se_92de_8723ae_linux_mac80211_0006.0514 .2012 make sudo make install
- Test the driver by loading it (this is a one-time step; after you reboot once, the driver should automatically load on every boot):
I am stuck at number 3 how do I paste the line to the download. I have typed it in terminal but just says not found. I am also baffled by points 4 and 5. I realise I am on a very steep learning curve but any help would be much appreciated.