Thread: Getting involved and all that jazz

Beans

Getting involved and all that jazz

Greetings,

Totally new at this. Just want to know does the irish loco have meet ups, get togethers and what not? Looked around and couldnt find that info.

Beans

Re: Getting involved and all that jazz

Yep no bother:
    https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-ie

Hope that helps...
    bertie

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Howdy,
    The Irish LoCo does have meet ups from time to time for different reasons. The LoCo has been quiet in recent months and, as I am sure you have surmised the forums are not active at all!. Most activity is localised on the mailing list (https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-ie), the LoCo Team Portal page (http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-ie), where most of the events are announced, and on irc freenode channel #ubuntu-ie. The Loco also uses identi.ca, twitter, google+ and facebook (ubuntuie or Ubuntu Ireland should help you find the accounts there). I'd encourage you to join the group on the launchpad page as bertie wisely suggested. I'd also encourage you to subscribe to the mailing list, say hi in irc and keep an eye on the loco team portal for news of events.

Hope to hear from you!

Mike

Beans

Wow, Sorry for the very very early reply..I have been utterly busy with college and ended up forgetting all about this. I will follow the links provided and hope to get to know you folks soon. Just got back into ye olde linux box after afew months away. 13.04 is serving me well already.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ste_JDM View Post
    13.04 is serving me well already.
    Hey, new member here. Completely moved over to 13.04 and loving it. Can't wait to meet you all in the future.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Ste_JDM View Post
    Wow, Sorry for the very very early reply..I have been utterly busy with college and ended up forgetting all about this. I will follow the links provided and hope to get to know you folks soon. Just got back into ye olde linux box after afew months away. 13.04 is serving me well already.
    Delighted you got the links Ste_JDM and great news that Raring Ringtail is serving you well. I'm a LTS man myself currently on precise (12.04). Hope to chat to you soon on IRC or on the mailing list. Why not introduce yourself on the mailing list? Hope College is going well.

Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by darrenbatesdublin View Post
    Hey, new member here. Completely moved over to 13.04 and loving it. Can't wait to meet you all in the future.
    Hi darrenbatesdublin,

Welcome onboard! Check out the links and advice given earlier in this thread. Hope to chat to you soon.

Mike

Beans

Once again I have been afk for far too long. Noticed the Global Jam there today and cant believe I missed it. I'll catch you guys next time for sure!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

No problem Ste_JDM. FYI there will likely be a Release Party for Ubuntu 13.10 sometime in October after the release. If that doesn't suit you there will probably be another UGJ event in 6 months give or take. That UGJ will be very important as it will be the one that precedes the next Long Term Support Release (14.04). Check out http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-ie/ to see all communication avenues that Ubuntu Ireland use. Hope to see you on IRC soon in the #ubuntu-ie channel on the freenode irc network.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by airurando View Post
    No problem Ste_JDM. FYI there will likely be a Release Party for Ubuntu 13.10 sometime in October after the release. If that doesn't suit you there will probably be another UGJ event in 6 months give or take. That UGJ will be very important as it will be the one that precedes the next Long Term Support Release (14.04). Check out http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-ie/ to see all communication avenues that Ubuntu Ireland use. Hope to see you on IRC soon in the #ubuntu-ie channel on the freenode irc network.
    Release party? That sounds awesome. I take it the LoCo mostly hangs out on IRC then? I have the loco page bookmarked so I shall be keeping a close eye. I am also heavily involved with Mozilla so I will do my best to keep active!