Thread: Graphic irregularities in ubuntu 12.04 & 12.10

Beans

Smile Graphic irregularities in ubuntu 12.04 & 12.10

I noticed a couple of strange graphic bugs in unity. I'm using proprietary amd drivers and these bugs appear both in 12.04 and 12.10.

The first screenshot was taken just afer login, before ANY apps were launched. The menubar won't unhide during hover, an app or dash launch is necessary after which it is visible on hover.

The second screenshot demonstrates the wierd transparent flickr like effect of the panel after adjusting the volume with a keyboard shortcut.

The third shows a transparent strip on the right side of the dash that goes through the right arrow - after highlighting the arrow the strip appears and cutts of a half of an icon above and below it.

The fourth shows the strange colorizing effect of the fonts of the radiance theme. They look strangely yellowish, unclear and aesthetically terrible.

Also, in some apps such as the ubuntu software center and such where there is a lot of scrolling, the scrolling is not clear and fluid it sort off cuts, it has that tear effect, it's not smooth though it's getting better in 12.10.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Graphic irregularities in ubuntu 12.04 & 12.10

I don't even have proprietary drivers, I have similar graphic bugs in some parts of the system-I think it's somehow connected with Compiz, cause ccsm can break unity interface no time...