Thread: Upgrade to 12.04

Beans

Upgrade to 12.04

I just upgraded from 10.10 to 12.04. I hesitated because I am not to fond of the new screen but I will get used to as has everyone else.

I installed MS Office 2007 by way of Crossover but my problem is I don't know where it is.

Because I wanted to backup my hard drive and I tried Lucky backup without much success so I decided to try Norton Ghost. I installed that on 12.04 but I can't find that either.

I know it's in here but where. I looked in Dash, Home, Home Folder, System Settings!

Where oh where can my programs be?

Any help will much appreciated

waltwin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: Upgrade to 12.04

Have you searched for their names in the Dash?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by waltwin View Post
    I just upgraded from 10.10 to 12.04. I hesitated because I am not to fond of the new screen but I will get used to as has everyone else.

I installed MS Office 2007 by way of Crossover but my problem is I don't know where it is.

Because I wanted to backup my hard drive and I tried Lucky backup without much success so I decided to try Norton Ghost. I installed that on 12.04 but I can't find that either.

I know it's in here but where. I looked in Dash, Home, Home Folder, System Settings!

Where oh where can my programs be?

Any help will much appreciated

waltwin
    Crossover is based on Wine, which stores the applications in a hidden folder in your home directory:

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-8d8c...b61e5c730566e0

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zombifier25 View Post
    Have you searched for their names in the Dash?
    There they are. I thought I had tried that already. I must have looked somewhere else. Thank you very much.

waltwin