Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Possible Change To The Code Of Conduct.

Beans

Re: A Possible Change To The Code Of Conduct.

lol
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

From the number of views for the email link, at least that is an indication that the link is in part at least, successful.

Edit : Sorry to push the issue, but I was wondering if a possible helpful part solution would be -
    On the line beneath "If you have any problems........." in the guide to Forum Features Sticky, a line be written -
    "Recommended helpful Stickies for further reading are also located in this section."

Just a thought.

Cheers -
    Last edited by BlinkinCat; December 30th, 2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Added Edit.
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I just took over as the contact person, and judging by number of replies I've received to PM's and emails that say do not reply, we may need to at least change the wording of the welcome pm and email, so we could add something about the stickies, but how many new members even know English well enough to understand what a sticky is?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    I just took over as the contact person, and judging by number of replies I've received to PM's and emails that say do not reply, we may need to at least change the wording of the welcome pm and email, so we could add something about the stickies, but how many new members even know English well enough to understand what a sticky is?
    Hi,

Yes there is no doubt that you have an enormous task, and I will certainly leave it up to you, however thinking it over for the last hour or two I simply wondered if there could be a way to encourage attention being drawn to the Stickies, the method I bring up in previous post being one possible way. That would only require the addition of one line as I outline. Whether you also mentioned the Stickies in the greeting email would be another method. Anyway, I will leave it it up to you learned people to come to a conclusion either way. Thanks for at least reading the thread.

Cheers -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12