Thread: Replace Fedora 17 with Ubuntu 12.10

Beans

Replace Fedora 17 with Ubuntu 12.10

I have a dedicated laptop for Fedora and a friend suggested I remove it and learn Linux with Ubuntu instead. I downloaded the iso and burned it onto a USB drive. I rebooted, and pressed the F12. It wasn't recognized. I tried to just load it directly, and I couldn't figure out how to load it from my terminal either. Please help. I'm pretty new and am trying to learn both Linux and C programming at the same time to build a foundation for bigger and better fun.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Replace Fedora 17 with Ubuntu 12.10

A friendly piece of advice (especially if you are trying to advance up the IT ladder):

You can't expect any sort of reaction, much less help, if you provide absolutely no info. Your description of your laptop gives nothing to go on. Here is a good guide (the sticky at the top of the beginner's page) for posting to this or to any help forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by k00lbr33z3 View Post
    I have a dedicated laptop for Fedora and a friend suggested I remove it and learn Linux with Ubuntu instead. I downloaded the iso and burned it onto a USB drive. I rebooted, and pressed the F12. It wasn't recognized. I tried to just load it directly, and I couldn't figure out how to load it from my terminal either. Please help. I'm pretty new and am trying to learn both Linux and C programming at the same time to build a foundation for bigger and better fun.
    google first before putting your question 80% of the questions have been already answered. Also make sure your question is clear .

I suspect there is a problem with your USB live . How did you create it? You can create an usb live of ubuntu in fedora too : https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_t...iveCD/USBHowTo

blog
    Donations BTC : 12FwoB7uAM5FnweykpR1AEEDVFaTLTYFkS
    DOUBLEPLUSGOOD!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

As DuckHook says, if we do not know the model of your laptop, there is little we can do to help. The key to enter the BIOS or select the device boot order, vary between computers.
    One vision, one purpose.