Thread: Sierra 250U from sprint

Beans

Sierra 250U from sprint

I really dont like windows....I mean i REALLY dont like it.

Years ago I had run many different Linux OS's on a dsl landline....today I now have a sprint wireless USB modem from Sierra..its a 250U. and it does a fine job. Its running 3g in my area and has great spped and access, very happy with it...

Now..heres my dilema. i want to ditch windows all together as so many have and get back to running a PC that WORKS! LOL! Is it possible to use this USB modem with a linuxOS? if so...where do i begin??? I am lost here folks... Thank you for ANY and ALL help in this matter!!!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Sierra 250U from sprint

hi

Sierra is the few to offer support for Linux , Re

link details can be found here , first post

How To : Mobile Broadband Connections [ Ubuntu 10.04 : 9.10 : 9.04 ]

I would recommend trying out Live Cd versions of Linux, see if device works.

if you have a problem post back here.
    Two tin cans are better than an iphone

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_2067160_ma...hone.html?cr=1

Beans

this is n.brenner...lookup solved sierra 250U and see what I figured out

Beans

Just wanted to jump back in here and let you all know that i installed Ubunto 10.10. Kept the wireless modem plugged in during install, and it works flawlessly!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Did you get the 4g service to work? Running 10.10 it worked immediately as a 3g device but have been unable to get it working in 4g coverage areas (I have an evo so I know when the 4g service is available).

Beans

Seems it has been a year since anyone has posted here. I just wanted to say that I am still very interested in getting 4G with the Sierra AirCard 250U to work with any Ubuntu. Has anyone been able to do this. It would really help.

If not could someone please explain to me the reason the modem can't switch to 4G mode in Ubuntu.I want to understand it better, and other forums are not very detailed. Any info would be great.

Thanks

Beans

wish I could help...only run it in 3G. Never had 4 G in this area....and ditched sprint as the provider....they, well, too put it nice....suck. I went with the new verizon mifi on 3 and 4 G....works awesome!

Beans

anyone getting 4G on this yet?

also does the 3G work pretty much out of the box for the various distros? i had a Sierra 598u (over sprint) that seemed to work right away on most every linux variant that i tried (mostly live cd's)

tia.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.