Thread: Video Drivers aren't working (ATI 4250)

Threaded View

Beans

Unhappy Video Drivers aren't working (ATI 4250)

Hello all!
    I'm here because I'm having terrible time while installing drivers for my 'ATI HD 4250' GPU. I've tried the 'additional drivers' (both ones; post-released etc.) and only one have worked but the results are same; I got a hell lot of 'choppy performance'.
    I've also tried installing via .run packges and broke them to .deb files. I also removed and re-installed the "fglrx" drivers via terminal but no luck. By the way, I managed to install the ATI Catalyst 12.10 drivers but they gave me a very terrible performance too. :\ Currently I've installed the ATI Legacy 12.6 drivers. It seems that the installation went successfully. I rebooted my pc too. I can access the 'configuration' window of the ATI i.e. 'amdcccle'. But It seems that the driver isn't even working. :'(

I don't know WHY, WHY I run into issues ONLY when it comes to install the drivers in UBUNTU while I'm practicing Pentesting on Ubuntu. :\

I've attached the copy of my 'Xorg.0.log' to the thread. Check that for assistance and PLEASE...DO respond sooner. I hope I'll get it fixed ASAP as I'm on the best Linux forum ever.
    Thanks in advanced.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rex_dante; December 27th, 2012 at 07:29 PM.