Thread: system wide proxy settings

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

system wide proxy settings

I have just upgraded my Ubuntu to 13.04, and noticed that gnome-control-center, network, proxy settings, doesn't offer "apply system wide".
    That way proxy settings are not usable to programs that use sudo, like software updater.
    I am not sure if this happens in fresh 13.04 instalation or is it result of several upgrades of my machine. Can anyone confirm this?
    Last edited by gpredrag; April 17th, 2013 at 09:52 AM.

Beans

Re: system wide proxy settings

Today I install the last upgrades an the option "apply system wide" isn't appear.

I find this link http://ubuntuportal.com/2012/05/quic...u-precise.html with information to change the proxy settings via command line.

Beans

this option exists, I do get it in proxy settings (gnome-shell). Maybe because last updates.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by ft_ View Post
    this option exists, I do get it in proxy settings (gnome-shell). Maybe because last updates.
    Yes, it reappeared yesterday, it is mentioned in changelog. It just seemed like weird regression, had to ask if I am only one experiencing it. Everything is fine now.

Beans

Great!!!!

Beans

what about system proxy settings that have to use authentication?

how would i input system wide proxy settings that require creditentials?
    bash321

Beans

Ive wrote this script to update apt-get proxy settings with autentication , It can be modified to to work on a network with no authentication aswell
    http://www.linuxhowto.co.za/downloads.html ( the rest of the site is stil empty , Just a Hobby Linux site of mine)