Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garmin Connect ANT2 pairing with Forerunner 910

Beans

Re: Garmin Connect ANT2 pairing with Forerunner 910

Quote Originally Posted by lt_gustavsen View Post
    You still have to be in the Garmin-Forerunner-610-Extractor folder before you run
    Code:
    sudo python garmin.py

I'm not sure how to do this? Sorry. The way I get the extractor to run is to go into the folder and then click on the garmin.py folder. I am getting even closer because my watch asked me if I wanted to pair with garmin-extractor. I said yes and it looks like the log file said there was new data. I am about to go on a run anyway so I can gather some data.

If you don't mind checking in later, that would be great. Your help has been fantastic. If there is something I should try now, I will hold off on running at this time
    Last edited by hollywoodpete; January 19th, 2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: mis-spelling

Beans

You must use the cd command to change directory. On my system I can do something like
    Code:
    cd
    cd Downloads/Garmin-Forerunner-610-Extractor-master/
    sudo python garmin.py
    The first cd brings you to home. Soon we are there

Beans

Smile Re: Garmin Connect ANT2 pairing with Forerunner 910

Quote Originally Posted by lt_gustavsen View Post
    You must use the cd command to change directory. On my system I can do something like
    Code:
    cd
    cd Downloads/Garmin-Forerunner-610-Extractor-master/
    sudo python garmin.py
    The first cd brings you to home. Soon we are there

Sooner then I thought. I had already moved the program into a hidden folder named .garmin-extractor in my home directory from previous instruction I had followed. cd garmin-extractor followed by garmin.py worked fine. I paired and downloaded all of the data and it showed up in my .config file as a fit file. I just need to figure out how to get the file uploaded into TrainingPeaks and this will be golden.

Thanks for all your help. This has been a great learning experience for me. If I was able to reproduce all of the steps to make a guide for others, I would but I doubt I could make a working guide.

Thanks again for the help

Beans

This is a long shot, but the advice given here seems to have helped hollywoodpete. I have a forerunner 610, but I can't even get it to pair. When I enter:

sudo python garmin.py
    From the correct directory, I get the following (which means nothing to me):

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "garmin.py", line 205, in main
    g = Garmin()
    File "garmin.py", line 56, in __init__
    Application.__init__(self)
    File "/home/tim/Garmin-Forerunner-610-Extractor-master/ant/fs/manager.py", line 64, in __init__
    self._node = Node(0x0fcf, 0x1008)
    File "/home/tim/Garmin-Forerunner-610-Extractor-master/ant/easy/node.py", line 48, in __init__
    self.ant = Ant(idVendor, idProduct)
    File "/home/tim/Garmin-Forerunner-610-Extractor-master/ant/base/ant.py", line 49, in __init__
    raise ValueError('Device not found')
    ValueError: Device not found
    Interrupted
    File "garmin.py", line 214, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
    File "garmin.py", line 210, in main
    g.stop()
    UnboundLocalError: local variable 'g' referenced before assignment

It also generates a log file in the directory which contains the following:
    MainThread 2013-07-04 00:23:41,215 garmin.ant.base.ant DEBUG USB Find device, vendor 0xfcf, product 0x1008 (ant.py:44)

Please can anyone help? I really don't want to have to dual boot into windows just for this one thing, but without being able to even view my GPS traces this rather expensive piece of kit is just a watch.

Beans

I wish I could help but I am pretty weak at this. Hopefully lt_gustavsen will jump in and help. My Garmin was then only thing left that kept me on Windows. After getting my 910 to pair with Ubuntu I am Golden. It has worked without fail. I even created a nice icon on my desktop that I click on then it pairs and saves the file as a .fit that I save and upload to my logs. I took me a while to get it working but in the end it was worth the fustration

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by plasman View Post
    This is a long shot, but the advice given here seems to have helped hollywoodpete. I have a forerunner 610, but I can't even get it to pair. When I enter:

sudo python garmin.py
    From the correct directory, I get the following (which means nothing to me):

File "garmin.py", line 205, in main
    g = Garmin()
    File "garmin.py", line 56, in __init__
    Application.__init__(self)
    File "/home/tim/Garmin-Forerunner-610-Extractor-master/ant/fs/manager.py", line 64, in __init__
    self._node = Node(0x0fcf, 0x1008)
    File "/home/tim/Garmin-Forerunner-610-Extractor-master/ant/easy/node.py", line 48, in __init__
    self.ant = Ant(idVendor, idProduct)
    File "/home/tim/Garmin-Forerunner-610-Extractor-master/ant/base/ant.py", line 49, in __init__
    raise ValueError('Device not found')
    ValueError: Device not found
    Interrupted
    File "garmin.py", line 214, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
    File "garmin.py", line 210, in main
    g.stop()
    UnboundLocalError: local variable 'g' referenced before assignment

It also generates a log file in the directory which contains the following:
    MainThread 2013-07-04 00:23:41,215 garmin.ant.base.ant DEBUG USB Find device, vendor 0xfcf, product 0x1008 (ant.py:44)

Please can anyone help? I really don't want to have to dual boot into windows just for this one thing, but without being able to even view my GPS traces this rather expensive piece of kit is just a watch.
    Did you try lsusb?

Beans

I had a similar problam, the product id is 1009 for the 610 and not 1008 so you have to change the product id in the files "~/Garmin-Forerunner-610-Extractor-master/garmin.py" and "~/Garmin-Forerunner-610-Extractor-master/ant/fs/manager.py"

if that's really the problem for you, one can check with

"lsusb | grep Dynastream"
    which should give you something like
    "Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0fcf:1009 Dynastream Innovations, Inc. "
    the 1009 is the case for my new 610 it may be that older or newer gps clocks have different numbers ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12