Thread: I just ordered a Logitech G930 Headset and it works great and everything, but...

Beans

Question I just ordered a Logitech G930 Headset and it works great and everything, but...

The disk you're supposed to use to install the software. How do you get it to run on Ubuntu? Is it even possible?

Beans

Re: I just ordered a Logitech G930 Headset and it works great and everything, but...

Anyone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: I just ordered a Logitech G930 Headset and it works great and everything, but...

Short answer: NO.

The vast majority of drivers and software distributed in a disk along with the product are Windows-only.

However, I don't see why this wouldn't work in Ubuntu. I don't own this particular wireless headset, but instead I have a Philips one and it worked fine right from the start without installing anything.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Excuse me, I just read again the post title and I see it IS working fine. So, why would you want to install anything?

PS: If you just need to use this software for some reason, you could always try to run it with wine. Go check the WineHQ database for compatibility issues.

Beans

Well, the headset came with a disc used to install the tweaking software (changing the sound levels, enabling surround sound, etc.) and I was wondering if there was a way to get that working on Ubuntu.