Thread: SDoftware that should be available for Ubuntu, but is only on windows or mac

Beans

Lightbulb SDoftware that should be available for Ubuntu, but is only on windows or mac

Hi, I'm Martin and I'm 14 years old and new to Ubuntu.

In this thread, I want to find out what you think should be on Ubuntu, but ts only available on other platforms (such as Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh).

I am making this thread out of pure interest so I want you to be completely honest about what you think.

I hope you enjoy debating this and I hope we get an interesting discussion about this!

Beans

Lightbulb Re: SDoftware that should be available for Ubuntu, but is only on windows or mac

The software I think should be made available for Ubuntu is Project64. I think this because it is just a great emulator. I have been using it for about 2 years now and I love it. Weather I'm playing legit or cheating using gameshark codes, I love playing games like Super Mario 64 and trying to make good videos about it (using cheats such as moonjump and a skin changing codes).

EDIT: I have recently discovered a project 64 version for Ubuntu so don't go telling me that there is one. However, if you could give me a download link that would be most appreciated.
    Last edited by Gamer Boy; January 6th, 2013 at 08:12 PM. Reason: I have found that there actually is an Ubuntu version of Project 64

Beans

Re: SDoftware that should be available for Ubuntu, but is only on windows or mac

Irfanview.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: SDoftware that should be available for Ubuntu, but is only on windows or mac

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer Boy View Post

EDIT: I have recently discovered a project 64 version for Ubuntu so don't go telling me that there is one. However, if you could give me a download link that would be most appreciated.
    Apparently, it works with Wine:
    http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...TestingId=6006

Also highly recommended (Mupen64)
    http://www.fascinationsoftware.com/r...1-2-bin-32.zip
    http://www.fascinationsoftware.com/r...1-2-bin-64.zip

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Hylas de Niall View Post
    Irfanview.
    +1, that is one app for MS I actually did miss on moving across to Ubuntu. It's a very useful program. Took quite a bit to adjust to gimp

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

There are many which one to list.