Thread: Thread Closing

Beans

Thread Closing

Dear admins of the Ubuntu forums,
    My last thread was closed, because I mentioned I used to try to make my Hackintosh working. I think this isn't correct. I may have suggested I broke Apple's EULA, but I didn't say I installed OS X on a non-apple machine.
    Also, the thread is NOT related in any way but mentioning it, to hackintoshing and questions about it.
    So I suggest re-opening the thread, in the hope somebody can help me (because I still have this problem).
    Yours faithfully, Jasper

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Thread Closing

Quote Originally Posted by jasper580 View Post
    but I didn't say I installed OS X on a non-apple machine.
    Well - I think you did, albeit indirectly. You listed your partition layout which includes Mac OS X 10.7 on what you call partition 4a, which would appear to be a logical partition inside an extended partition. Extended and logical partitions are a feature of a mbr partition table which is not used by Apple on its machines. You also say:

1. OEM partition from Windows 7 containing the MBR
    Which would appear to confirm this. Are you now saying that the machine with a MBR partition table, With Windows, Ubuntu and MacOS, and using BURG as the bootloader is an Apple machine?
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Why not? If I completely ressetted my hard drive for some reason, it would be possible, wouldn't it?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Possibly.

From my persepective you would have been quite happy to carry on regardless until the thread got a resolution,but because you've now been brought up short you come here with excuses.

If the machine was not hackintoshed - why mention it in the first place.

Sorry - start another thread - the one that was closed will stay as it is - closed.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I asked you a straightforward question. Had you been using Apple hardware, you would have given a straightforward answer. Instead, you responded with two hypothetical questions, which is simply being evasive, and I have to conclude that you are not using Apple hardware.

I remind you of what you have already been told. The forum Code of Conduct, to which you agreed when you created your forum account, contains this:

We do not support circumventing TOS, EULA, etc here.
    The fact that your immediate problem is in booting Ubuntu is immaterial. You have a triple-boot system which includes MacOS. Helping you with booting issues affecting any part of that system would implicitly support your use of MacOS on non-Apple hardware.

I agree with the thread closure.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

I also back the decisions
    This account is not active.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    If the machine was not hackintoshed - why mention it in the first place.
    Read the thread and you'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    I asked you a straightforward question. Had you been using Apple hardware, you would have given a straightforward answer. Instead, you responded with two hypothetical questions, which is simply being evasive, and I have to conclude that you are not using Apple hardware.
    It's completely irrelevant what you think. The question is not "Does he think I use Apple hardware?", but the question is "Have I said anything that proves that I use non-Apple hardware". And the answer to that question is simply "no". That means that I'm not breaking your Code of Conduct-thing, and that means that you abuse your power as administrator, or whoever closed my thread.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    The fact that your immediate problem is in booting Ubuntu is immaterial. You have a triple-boot system which includes MacOS. Helping you with booting issues affecting any part of that system would implicitly support your use of MacOS on non-Apple hardware.
    The question is not "Does he think I use Apple hardware?", but the question is "Have I said anything that proves that I use non-Apple hardware". And the answer to that question is simply "no".
    Furthermore, if you use that sort of rules, that will probably mean I can't post here anymore about booting my system, because you think I use a computer with Hackintosh, so if you answer my questions, you may support a hackintosh machine.

Because I'm simply done with you guys, and none of you is probably going to answer my question, and there is a pretty high chance that you will close this thread for flaming, seen by the fact that you guys rule this community, I thank you for your time, and I'll ask my question in a smarter and friendlier community. Goodbye

Beans

Read the thread and you'll find out.
    And by the way: Hackintosh is NOT putting Mac OS X on a non-Apple machine. It is putting a different OSX-distro on a Mac or PC (like myHack), or putting a standard OSX-distro on a PC. And only the last one is forbidden by the EULA of Apple.

BTW: You guys should really add an Edit button to your forum.
    Bye.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

BTW: You guys should really add an Edit button to your forum.
    Bye.
    Most of the forum(s) allow editing - the Resolution Center Centre is an exception.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net