Thread: Installing Adobe Digital Edition

Beans

Question Installing Adobe Digital Edition

I have Crossover (CodeWeaver) on my Ubuntu. I have tried numerous times to install the latest Adobe Digital Edition using Crossover but with no luck. Would appreciate any assistance in solving this dilemma.
    bill23

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Installing Adobe Digital Edition

Can you be a little more specific regarding what you've tried and what isn't working? Please include version numbers and any error messages.

According to http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=15545 and http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibi...e/?app_id=8503, version 1.7x should work fine.

Beans

I attempted to install the adobe digital edition 2.0 using the crossover. There was no message just a folder that had nothing in it. I followed your first link and was successful in installing ADE version 1.72. I am trying to see if this will work?

Beans

I have been successful in installing some ebooks into the adobe digital edition 1,7.2. I am however not as successful in installing an Adobe DRM EPUB. The instructions i got from Kobo Support was as follows:

"Sign in with your kobo account.
    Click on library
    Right next to the title you will see a blue tab Download DRM EPUB, click on that.
    A security scan will appear at the bottom of the screen asking if you want to open or save the file click on open
    Automatically the book will be open on Adobe Digital Edition.
    Connect the e-reader to the computer
    On your Adobe application it will appear on the left hand side under bookshelves.
    Drag and drop the book to the e-reader,
    Disconnect the e-reader and verify the library"

I click save then try to open it from the Download folder. It reads now as: URLLink.acsm When i go to open it my options are: 'Open with Home Folder', Open with a Wine Application', 'Open with Dolphin', and 'Open with other Applications'.

The whole idea is to get it to the ADE from where I am to move it to my Kobo eReader when it will be connected to the PC. So its back to the drawing board and another talk with kobo support, I guess?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by bill23 View Post
    I click save then try to open it from the Download folder. It reads now as: URLLink.acsm When i go to open it my options are: 'Open with Home Folder', Open with a Wine Application', 'Open with Dolphin', and 'Open with other Applications'.
    Instead of opening it from the Download folder, can you open it from within ADE?