I'm doing a fresh install of lubuntu on a system that was running ubuntu. Wireless with WICD was good in ubuntu. WICD is loaded in lubuntu.
- WICD shows No wireless networks found
- System Profiler sees a network adapter and shows a MAC address.
- lshw in a terminal shows what looks like the correct name of the adapter and driver but also shows *- network DISABLED.
- rfkill list shows no hardware or software block
- iwconfig shows - no wireless extensions and wlan0 - Managed Access Point: Not associated, TX power 0 dBm, RTS thr: off, Fragment thr: off
- chrome works from a wired connection, download of a screen print program did not complete so I don't have screen prints
- ifconfig shows eth0 and lo but no wlan
- I reloaded WICD in package manager with no affect. Lubuntu software center does not seem to work correctly
I seems off that everything worked in ubuntu but not now