Thread: Unable to customize Ubuntu 13.04 (Beta-2)

Beans

Unable to customize Ubuntu 13.04 (Beta-2)

Hello,

I am trying to customize ubuntu 13.04 server by integrating someextra packages but I am always getting this error "No installable kernelwas found in the defined APT sources" or base-installer: info: Foundkernels ' ' (Alt +f4). When through preseed I tried to skip this stage I gotanother error "an attempt to configure apt to install additional packagesfrom the cd failed" (Alt +f4). Please let me know how I will sort out thisissue.

Note: I also tried the same thing in ubuntu 12.10 (64 bit) and Ifaced the same issue in too.

Thanks
    Suryabhan
    Last edited by cariboo; April 24th, 2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: remove font formatting to comply with forum C of C

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Unable to customize Ubuntu 13.04 (Beta-2)

from /etc/apt/sources.list, comment out the line about "cd" and then update again. The system need indeed to search into the ubuntu archives (online) and not on the cd where it cant find something new of course.

Beans

How it is possible in Customized ISO? Actually I customized Ubuntu 13.04/ Ubuntu 12.10 ISOs and through these ISOs I am installing different machine, while installing I am getting these errors. I made lots of changes in "preseed" file but I am not able to figure it out...

Thanks
    Suryabhan

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Have you followed that howto : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomization ?

how those isos have been made ? using remastersys or uck ?

Beans