Thread: burn vob > dvd

Beans

burn vob > dvd

I downloaded a custom-made movie which is composed of .vob, .ifo and .bup files and I need to burn them in a workable video dvd.

I know (correct me if wrong) that these files shouldn't be burnt as 'data disk'; the burn program must be told that the disk is going to be a video dvd, or else the dvd won't work properly.

All I have is the native Gnome "CD/DVD Creator" but I see no such 'video' option and when I drag the files there, it seems that the files will be copied as in a data dvd. Will the dvd work that way? or parhaps "CD/DVD Creator" is inadequate?

Since I felt stuck there, I tried my luck with Ubese. Ubese indeed had a video authoring option but when I import the files there, it rejects the .ifo and .bup files because they are not video files. I know that only .vob are video files, but a workable dvd with menus, chapters and all this, needs all the .ifo and .bup files provided with the download. So I guess Ubese is not made to burn a downloaded full dvd to a disk but actually convert plain video files in dvd format.

Now, did I get something wrong? Can I actually create the dvd disk with these two options or do I need to install a more specialized program? Thanks
    Last edited by JediKnight; February 1st, 2009 at 02:43 AM.

Beans

Re: burn vob > dvd

Even thought I run Gnome, I use k3b -> File -> New Project -> New Video DVD Project and just drag all those files from the top window to VIDEO_TS directory in the bottom window. Then click Project -> Burn.
    In the world of Linux, who needs Windows and Gates...

Got most of my golden beans at an auction on eBay (with a couple of free drinks).

Beans

Thank you taurus! It has been a long frustrating road to finally getting and answer to this problem. You have made me very happy
    sincerely,
    ken

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.