Thread: Logitech g510 installation and settings

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Logitech g510 installation and settings

Hi.

Does anyone know how I can get my G510 to work in xubuntu? Then only thing I actually want to do is change the keyboard color to red and show cpu, and mem usage.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Re: Logitech g510 installation and settings

Anyone?

*bumpdiddibump*

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Logitech g510 installation and settings

I've had no luck trying to do this either. I'm using Kubuntu 12.04.

I believe the g15daemon is supposed to support the G510 keyboard but I just cannot get it to install or run properly. I'm completely baffled. I've searched online for solutions to this but most posts are two years old and there doesn't seem to be anything more recent.

I bought this keyboard a couple of days ago. I really only wanted a keyboard with backlighting (which does work) but it's a pity the LCD screen and the G keys are useless. It works perfectly in Windows XP of course. I wish hardware manufacturers would support us Linux users more.
    "Oh Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system!" - Sheldon Cooper, The Big Bang Theory.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I recently found a project which seems to offer hope to us using the Logitech gaming keyboards in Linux: http://www.gnome15.org/ It really looks very promising.

Gnome15 is supposed to work in non-Gnome desktop environments as well. I haven't tried installing it in my Kubuntu 12.04 main system yet (I'm a little uncertain whether it will be stable enough). But I did install it in my Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 partition the other day and it is working, although it took three reboots before it seemed to start properly. It certainly does support most of the features of the G510 keyboard as far as I can see. I haven't tried the macro's out yet.

If you give it a go please post back here with your results.
    "Oh Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system!" - Sheldon Cooper, The Big Bang Theory.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by Rod J View Post
    I recently found a project which seems to offer hope to us using the Logitech gaming keyboards in Linux: http://www.gnome15.org/ It really looks very promising.

Gnome15 is supposed to work in non-Gnome desktop environments as well. I haven't tried installing it in my Kubuntu 12.04 main system yet (I'm a little uncertain whether it will be stable enough). But I did install it in my Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 partition the other day and it is working, although it took three reboots before it seemed to start properly. It certainly does support most of the features of the G510 keyboard as far as I can see. I haven't tried the macro's out yet.

If you give it a go please post back here with your results.
    The project moved to a new place (temporal due to the lost of comunication with the original developers)
    http://www.russo79.com
    ^MEDUZA^