Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 144

Thread: Linux 3.8-rc1

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    /
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Linux 3.8-rc1

    3.8 PPA mainline kernel is the first that works after the 3.5 kernel on my computer

    My lspci...
    00:00.0 RAM memory: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Host Bridge (rev a1)
    00:01.0 ISA bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 LPC Bridge (rev a2)
    00:01.1 SMBus: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 SMBus (rev a2)
    00:01.2 RAM memory: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Memory Controller (rev a2)
    00:02.0 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 USB 1.1 Controller (rev a3)
    00:02.1 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 USB 2.0 Controller (rev a3)
    00:04.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 PCI bridge (rev a1)
    00:05.0 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 High Definition Audio (rev a2)
    00:06.0 IDE interface: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 IDE (rev a2)
    00:07.0 Bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Ethernet (rev a2)
    00:08.0 IDE interface: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 SATA Controller (rev a2)
    00:08.1 IDE interface: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 SATA Controller (rev a2)
    00:09.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 PCI Express bridge (rev a2)
    00:0b.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 PCI Express bridge (rev a2)
    00:0c.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 PCI Express bridge (rev a2)
    00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 10h Processor HyperTransport Configuration
    00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 10h Processor Address Map
    00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 10h Processor DRAM Controller
    00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 10h Processor Miscellaneous Control
    00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 10h Processor Link Control
    02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation G96 [GeForce 9400 GT] (rev a1)

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Beans
    14

    Re: Linux 3.8-rc1

    Quote Originally Posted by jppr View Post
    3.8 PPA mainline kernel is the first that works after the 3.5 kernel on my computer

    My lspci...
    00:00.0 RAM memory: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Host Bridge (rev a1)
    00:01.0 ISA bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 LPC Bridge (rev a2)
    00:01.1 SMBus: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 SMBus (rev a2)
    00:01.2 RAM memory: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Memory Controller (rev a2)
    00:02.0 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 USB 1.1 Controller (rev a3)
    00:02.1 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 USB 2.0 Controller (rev a3)
    00:04.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 PCI bridge (rev a1)
    00:05.0 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 High Definition Audio (rev a2)
    00:06.0 IDE interface: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 IDE (rev a2)
    00:07.0 Bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Ethernet (rev a2)
    00:08.0 IDE interface: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 SATA Controller (rev a2)
    00:08.1 IDE interface: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 SATA Controller (rev a2)
    00:09.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 PCI Express bridge (rev a2)
    00:0b.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 PCI Express bridge (rev a2)
    00:0c.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 PCI Express bridge (rev a2)
    00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 10h Processor HyperTransport Configuration
    00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 10h Processor Address Map
    00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 10h Processor DRAM Controller
    00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 10h Processor Miscellaneous Control
    00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 10h Processor Link Control
    02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation G96 [GeForce 9400 GT] (rev a1)
    Same for me, awesome, isn't it ?
    Like a little Christmas gift from Linus and canonical .

    I've to admit that after testing all kernels since 3.5, I made a ridiculous victory dance in front of my computer when 3.8 booted .

    Mine:
    00:00.0 Memory controller: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 Memory Controller (rev a3)
    00:01.0 ISA bridge: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 ISA Bridge (rev a3)
    00:01.1 SMBus: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 SMBus (rev a2)
    00:02.0 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 USB Controller (rev a2)
    00:02.1 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 USB Controller (rev a3)
    00:04.0 Multimedia audio controller: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 AC'97 Audio Controller (rev a2)
    00:06.0 IDE interface: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 IDE (rev a2)
    00:08.0 IDE interface: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 Serial ATA Controller (rev a3)
    00:09.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 PCI Bridge (rev a2)
    00:0b.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 PCIE Bridge (rev a3)
    00:0c.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 PCIE Bridge (rev a3)
    00:0d.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 PCIE Bridge (rev a3)
    00:0e.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation CK804 PCIE Bridge (rev a3)
    00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] HyperTransport Technology Configuration
    00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Address Map
    00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] DRAM Controller
    00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Miscellaneous Control
    01:06.0 Network controller: Ralink corp. RT2561/RT61 rev B 802.11g
    05:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF116 [GeForce GTX 550 Ti] (rev a1)
    05:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GF116 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)

    Pretty old, but performing admirably great with 3.8.0, mate & compiz.
    Last edited by manulemaboul; December 24th, 2012 at 09:45 PM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Miami, Oklahoma USA
    Beans
    285
    Distro
    Kubuntu

    Re: Linux 3.8-rc1

    Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    The Compaq keyboard is probably the most universal for hybrid built systems. It is just the standard AT keyboard, no bells or whistles, but has been a workhorse on all my towers. It will interchange with any PC I have, no problems.

    I will zsync raring AMD64bit daily and see if I get an emulation that you have on my KVM setup.
    I've tried a couple different generic keyboards, but still the same thing. Text scrolls....gets to identifying the KVM switch....and about halfway through the Serial Number of the KVM switch, everything just stops.

    zenarcher
    MSI K9NGM4-V V2
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+(4GB RAM)
    NVIDIA GeForce 210 PCI-E 256MB
    DellSP2009W

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Beans
    158

    Re: Linux 3.8-rc1

    I have found a problem with syncing USB devices. For now going back to 3.7

    Walt

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    8,032
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Linux 3.8-rc1

    Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I have found a problem with syncing USB devices. For now going back to 3.7

    Walt
    I can verify that. Using 3.8RC it will not detect my wii USB. With 3.7RC8 it works great but when I come out of suspend the wiiUSB stick actually works but the indicator light does not come on. I think , in part, that this has to do with @zenarchers problem with his USB KVM.
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running 16.04 on Mobo: MSI model: B85-G41 PC Mate(MS-7850) v: 1.0

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Linux 3.8-rc1

    Greetings,
    Oddly, my 3.8 uses my USB Broadband modem perfectly. But my wifi card doesn't work. So right now I only have internet on my modem.
    I'm also using 3.7 full time. I think thats the purpose of this forum section anyway. Kernel 3.8 has been confined to this thread so far. So! If today has bugs I don't think I will make inappropriate demands on tomorrow.
    rrnbtter
    Life is good! Live it to the Ubuntu-ist!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Magdalena,New Mexico,USA
    Beans
    569
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

    Re: Linux 3.8-rc1

    curious if anyone has tried this kernel with AMD 64 X 2 4000+ procs
    and Nvidia Ge Force 6150SE nForce 430 graphics card???

    I never could make the 3.7 kernel work with my sys running 12.04.1 LTS

    Tommy
    Registered Linux User # 529389
    Arch Linux, Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa, Fedora 24 Linux
    my improved web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Beans
    14

    Re: Linux 3.8-rc1

    3.6 and 3.7 never booted on my opteron 170, 3.8 works, you should give it a try .

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    2

    Re: Linux 3.8-rc1

    Since Atheros wireless drivers weren't build, my laptop ath9k based card isn't detected without manually building the kernel module.

    Here's the relevant part in 0003-default-config
    Code:
    -CONFIG_ATH5K=m
    -# CONFIG_ATH5K_DEBUG is not set
    -CONFIG_ATH5K_PCI=y
    -# CONFIG_ATH5K_TRACER is not set
    -CONFIG_ATH6KL=m
    -# CONFIG_ATH6KL_DEBUG is not set
    -CONFIG_ATH6KL_SDIO=m
    -CONFIG_ATH6KL_USB=m
    -CONFIG_ATH9K=m
    -CONFIG_ATH9K_AHB=y
    -CONFIG_ATH9K_BTCOEX_SUPPORT=y
    -CONFIG_ATH9K_COMMON=m
    -CONFIG_ATH9K_DEBUGFS=y
    -CONFIG_ATH9K_HTC=m
    -CONFIG_ATH9K_HTC_DEBUGFS=y
    -CONFIG_ATH9K_HW=m
    -# CONFIG_ATH9K_MAC_DEBUG is not set
    -CONFIG_ATH9K_PCI=y
    -CONFIG_ATH9K_RATE_CONTROL=y
    -CONFIG_ATH_COMMON=m
    -# CONFIG_ATH_DEBUG is not set
    +# CONFIG_ATH_CARDS is not set

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Beans
    236
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    Re: Linux 3.8-rc1

    Quote Originally Posted by TiCPU View Post
    Since Atheros wireless drivers weren't build, my laptop ath9k based card isn't detected without manually building the kernel module.

    Here's the relevant part in 0003-default-config
    If you look at the build logs for the 3.8 mainline builds, then you will see that they are still being based off the stock ubuntu 3.7 configs from git.

    Seems that the config (kconfig) options changed somewhat between 3.7 and 3.8, so the script is just skipping/desecting the Atheros config options?

    I think.....?

    Presumably once 3.8 gets into the stock raring repo, scripts/configs are updated etc, then this glitch will be ironed out...

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •