Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dungeon Defenders Freezes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Dungeon Defenders Freezes

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyskunk View Post
    Really? Strange... Did it say why? Seems completely unnecessary to me.
    Tried a few things. It says segmentation fault. Doesn't seem like a very solid port job. Tried on multiple machines.
    We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our Great War is a Spiritual War. Our Great Depression is our lives. - Tyler Durden

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderAD View Post
    Tried a few things. It says segmentation fault. Doesn't seem like a very solid port job. Tried on multiple machines.
    Is there some reason you completely ignored my post here, which probably addresses your problem?
    If you are asking about a problem with your system, make sure to give details about your setup. OTHERWISE, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    Is there some reason you completely ignored my post here, which probably addresses your problem?
    I did have a look. There was one promising thread here, but no fix has been deployed. Or even a solid work around for that matter. I'm sure they'll fix it at some point. Just gotta be patient.
    We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our Great War is a Spiritual War. Our Great Depression is our lives. - Tyler Durden

Beans
    Distro

Fyi They released 3 more games! Thanks devs!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I can't even get that far.. I get
    Code:
    ./DungeonDefenders-x86: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    According to the SW center, I have libstdc++6-4.6-dev installed. (12.04)

EDIT: as someone else mentioned.. installing snapshot via SW center, gets me further.. now DD is saying it can't find any mice to control. Off to spend more time investigating how to play the games I bought.
    EDIT2: Installing the Isaac game fixed that.. and now DD launches... but is totally unresponsive to any mouse/keyboard input. runnig with sudo seems to fix that.. but my TRS80 has a higher frame-rate...
    Last edited by zim2dive; December 29th, 2012 at 03:02 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

This is what I get in the terminal when I run the game:

Code:
    Dungeon Defenders: Installed in '/home/bewbman/Downloads/DungeonDefenders'.
    XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0"
          after 150 requests (150 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
    XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0"
          after 18 requests (18 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
    When I run it out of terminal it just flashes the screen and goes back to the login screen for some reason, weird. There'll be an update soon, but it sucks cuz this game is 5 Gigs big I hate having to keep downloading such a huge file over and over.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

FWIW, I just played a session of Dungeon Defenders until it got too hard, and all I had to do was ALT-TAB away from its window and back; the game ran perfectly.

For what it's worth.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Has anyone got this to work?

Whenever I try full-screen, I get stuck with a black screen and have to kill the process.

Icculus's bugzilla for Dungeon Defenders seems to be down.
    Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: If you're alive, it isn't.
    Richard Bach, Illusions

Beans
    Distro

Not me. I've tried it on 3 machines with both installers. All I ever get is a segmentation fault.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

For people still having a problem with launching this game pertaining to my error, I figured out it has something to do with a Gnome-screensaver dependency and if you don't have Gnome you are kinda screwed until this is addressed in a patch.

However there is somewhat of a work around that allows the game to launch ATM:

Code:
     sudo ln -s /bin/true /usr/bin/gnome-screensaver-command
    It won't allow full screen but you can set it to your resolution and undercorate the title bar to make it look like full screen which is what I do and it runs pretty well still.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12