Thread: Evolution Mail Client

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Evolution Mail Client

Hi People,

I was trying to get an IMAP Password from Sky for the Evolution Mail Client but unfortunately Sky don't seem to be able to support Evolution. The guy in technical support did not even know what I was talking about - He had not heard of Ubuntu. He was going on about Jaguar & Tiger.

Any ideas as to how this can be overcome...

Regards

St Nabi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Evolution Mail Client

It should be the same password you use to log into your email account.

And it doesnt matter which mail client you use, the settings would be the same regardless... So you might have to tell the guy on the fone your using a different one to make him happy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Evolution Mail Client

Hi there,

It seems that Sky do not have the required support for Evolution. Nonetheless after trying various bits & pieces this is the message that I get:-

Error while Fetching Mail.

Unable to connect to POP server pop.tools.sky.com: No support for requested authentication mechanism.

Looks like I will just have to use Windows for this...

Beans

Unhappy Re: Evolution Mail Client

Hello everyone, this is a different problem than that one from above, hopefully someone can help me, here is my Issue.
    I am having a problem with my evolution mail client in ubuntu 12.10. I can open it alright and read my emails fine, but when I try to delete one or all of them it suddenly crashes. Can anyone help me with this, I tried opening it from the terminal to see what the problem could or may be, here is what I got so far, I wanted to post it to see if someone can help me with it please see below:

Migrating cached data
    Migrating config data
    Migrating local user data
    rmdir /home/amanda/.evolution/tasks
    FAILED: Directory not empty (contents follows)
    tasks
    No bp log location saved, using default.
    [000:000] Browser XEmbed support present: 1
    [000:001] Browser toolkit is Gtk2.
    [000:002] Using Gtk2 toolkit
    [000:027] Warning(optionsfile.cc:47): Load: Could not open file, err=2
    [000:031] No bp log location saved, using default.
    [000:031] Browser XEmbed support present: 1
    [000:031] Browser toolkit is Gtk2.
    [000:034] Using Gtk2 toolkit

(evolution:6616): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: VLC Multimedia Plugin (compatible Totem 3.4.3)

(evolution:6616): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: Google Talk Plugin

(evolution:6616): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.6

(evolution:6616): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: iTunes Application Detector

(evolution:6616): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: DivX® Web Player

(evolution:6616): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: Google Talk Plugin

(evolution:6616): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: Windows Media Player Plug-in 10 (compatible; Totem)

(evolution:6616): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkScrolledWindow 0xb866e1d0 is mapped but visible child GtkScrollbar 0xb8aa7408 is not mapped

(evolution:6616): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkScrolledWindow 0xb866e1d0 is mapped but visible child GtkScrollbar 0xb8aa7408 is not mapped