Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gourmet Recipe Manager Crashes

Beans

Smile Re: Gourmet Recipe Manager Crashes

I tried it and it opened the gourmet program, and it seems to have worked, I will try it for a couple of days, and see what happens, I will close the thread for now. Thanks a lot, you have been a big help. By the way how are you with Evolution mail client?

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Re: Gourmet Recipe Manager Crashes

Good deal

Yes, go ahead and run it for a few days and if still happy with it:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnansweredPo.../SolvedThreads

Don't forget to make a backup.

I do not run Evolution, so better to find some help from the experience users. I would suggest starting a new thread on it. Also, you may want to take a look through here.

http://www.googlubuntu.com/results/?...Search&lang=en

And welcome to the forum

Beans

Smile Re: Gourmet Recipe Manager Crashes

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I have 1001 recipes. Is that beyond GRM's limits? GRM will not export "All recipes" in any format. Selecting the Export function does nothing. GRM stays on screen but that's all. I could edit any recipe, export a recipe (HTML, TEXT, PDF) but that's all. And search still doesn't work. It's been a year or so with that. So I took to exporting all the recipes in .txt so that I could search for ingredients, recipe names, etc., but not even that's gone.

I have re-installed by GRM using the command line above for the original poster.
    AMD FX-6300, 8gig ddr3, MSI 970 Gaming, 256G WD blue SSD, GeForce GT710, HP LJ Pro M277-fdw

Beans

Question Re: Gourmet Recipe Manager Crashes

I think this thread needs to be reopened. Last week I added some recipes to the "gourmet recipe manager" application. Today I'm getting the same exact "TypeError: immutabledict object is immutable" error as listed earlier. I continue to get the same error after removing and re-installing. It seems to be python related.

It loads OK on a different disk with an older kernel but it only has half the recipes. I am going to try copying the current GRM db to the older disk and see if it will run good on the drive with the older Ubuntu version.

Anyone else having this experience or a fix?

Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) Kernel 3.2.0-44, GCC 4.6(x86_64-linux-gnu) Intel i5 650@3.20GHz
    Last edited by jpvrla; May 24th, 2013 at 10:29 PM.

Beans

Cool Re: Gourmet Recipe Manager Crashes

Quote Originally Posted by jpvrla View Post
    I think this thread needs to be reopened. Last week I added some recipes to the "gourmet recipe manager" application. Today I'm getting the same exact "TypeError: immutabledict object is immutable" error as listed earlier. I continue to get the same error after removing and re-installing. It seems to be python related.

It loads OK on a different disk with an older kernel but it only has half the recipes. I am going to try copying the current GRM db to the older disk and see if it will run good on the drive with the older Ubuntu version.

Anyone else having this experience or a fix?

Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) Kernel 3.2.0-44, GCC 4.6(x86_64-linux-gnu) Intel i5 650@3.20GHz

Received private message referring me to this link https://github.com/thinkle/gourmet#readme. Afterward I saved db, uninstalled recipe mgr, reinstalled recipe mgr, loaded saved db. A few of the recipes had to be rebuilt since the data was jumbled (things were not where they should be). I am not sure why.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

GRM, as originally built (coded?) has a limit of 1000 recipes, I believe. The creator of it, Tom Hinkle, seemed surprised when I posted that I had 1008 recipes. I believe GRM is being re-worked to accomodate that. I had entered some recipes via the URL line. The recipes were Chinese, although in English language. But the ingredients preceeded the quantities and stuff like that. I never bothered fixing it. That is when GRM broke. I could not search for recipes and the db was a mess. It put blank spaces or unacceptable characters (such as ; or . ) into the fields. I eventually manually fixed about 30 recipes. For some reason, every update of Ubuntu has code that snarls GRM. Something to do with the Python stuff if I recall correctly. It will never be fixed in that sense. Every time you upgrade, it would be well to do two backups, and export all the recipes as a text file. I do. I have learned this the hardest way possible.
    AMD FX-6300, 8gig ddr3, MSI 970 Gaming, 256G WD blue SSD, GeForce GT710, HP LJ Pro M277-fdw

Beans

Closed, had to repaire about 10 of 70 recipes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12