Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gourmet Recipe Manager Crashes

Beans

Angry Gourmet Recipe Manager Crashes

I have been having a problem with my gourmet recipe manager in ubuntu 12.10, it was working fine up until a week ago, when it would not open at all, the program will start, show the image of the gourmet manager, then it will just crash with out even opening. I really like this program and would like to know if there is a way to fix it?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: Gourmet Recipe Manager Crashes

I don't know that program, but can you start it from a terminal? It may give you a useful error message before crashing. Also, some programs produce a log file somewhere or leave a message in a system log.

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Impavidus View Post
    I don't know that program, but can you start it from a terminal? It may give you a useful error message before crashing
    In case you don't know how to do that.

Open a terminal and enter:

Code:
    gourmet

Beans

Thanks for the information, I think I found the problem, but I do not know how to fix it, I have posted it below, is there any information you can give me to help I have highlighted it below, along with all the information from the terminal:

sqlite:////home/corey/.gourmet/recipes.db
    RECREATE USDA WEIGHTS TABLE
    Attempting to alter usda_weights <bound method NutritionDataPlugin.setup_usda_weights_table of <nutritional_information.data_plugin.NutritionData Plugin instance at 0xabd4e6c>> {} ['ndbno', 'seq', 'amount', 'unit', 'gramwt', 'ndata', 'stdev']
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/gourmet/gourmet/backends/db.py", line 931, in alter_table
    self.db.execute('ALTER TABLE %(t)s RENAME TO %(t)s_temp'%{'t':table_name})
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 2447, in execute
    return connection.execute(statement, *multiparams, **params)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1449, in execute
    params)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1628, in _execute_text
    statement, parameters
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1698, in _execute_context
    context)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1691, in _execute_context
    context)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 331, in do_execute
    cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
    OperationalError: (OperationalError) there is already another table or index with this name: usda_weights_temp 'ALTER TABLE usda_weights RENAME TO usda_weights_temp' ()
    Problem updating plugin <nutritional_information.data_plugin.NutritionData Plugin instance at 0xabd4e6c> nutritondata

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/gourmet", line 35, in <module>
    gourmet.GourmetRecipeManager.startGUI()
    File "/usr/share/gourmet/gourmet/GourmetRecipeManager.py", line 715, in startGUI
    r=RecGui(splash_label=splash.label)
    File "/usr/share/gourmet/gourmet/GourmetRecipeManager.py", line 918, in __init__
    GourmetApplication.__init__(self, splash_label=splash_label)
    File "/usr/share/gourmet/gourmet/GourmetRecipeManager.py", line 114, in __init__
    self.setup_recipes() # Setup recipe database
    File "/usr/share/gourmet/gourmet/GourmetRecipeManager.py", line 204, in setup_recipes
    self.rd = recipeManager.default_rec_manager()
    File "/usr/share/gourmet/gourmet/recipeManager.py", line 131, in default_rec_manager
    return get_recipe_manager(**dbargs)
    File "/usr/share/gourmet/gourmet/recipeManager.py", line 126, in get_recipe_manager
    return RecipeManager(**args)
    File "/usr/share/gourmet/gourmet/backends/db.py", line 1769, in __init__
    RecData.__init__(self,*args,**kwargs)
    File "/usr/share/gourmet/gourmet/backends/db.py", line 165, in __init__
    self.update_version_info(gourmet.version.version)
    File "/usr/share/gourmet/gourmet/backends/db.py", line 598, in update_version_info
    (current_super,current_major,current_minor)
    File "/usr/share/gourmet/gourmet/backends/db.py", line 640, in update_plugin_version
    plugin_current = plugin.version,
    File "/usr/share/gourmet/gourmet/plugins/nutritional_information/data_plugin.py", line 68, in update_version
    [name for lname,name,typ in parser_data.WEIGHT_FIELDS])
    File "/usr/share/gourmet/gourmet/backends/db.py", line 944, in alter_table
    del self.metadata.tables[table_name]
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sqlalchemy/util/_collections.py", line 38, in _immutable
    raise TypeError("%s object is immutable" % self.__class__.__name__)
    TypeError: immutabledict object is immutable

Beans

Update coreybell:

Just to let you know I am working on a solution to this and have a question.

Did you backup your recipe collection with the "export all recipes" option?

If not, that will be ok, I can create a backup from existing files. Just need to know.

Beans

No I did not sorry, if I can get it fixed I will start doing that, thanks for your help.
    Last edited by coreybell; December 19th, 2012 at 02:20 AM. Reason: forgot to add email

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Reminds me of this cartoon:

http://xkcd.com/327/
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans

Hi there

Code:
    cp ~/.gourmet/recipes.db ~/recipes.db.backup && mv .gourmet .gourmet.original && sudo apt-get purge -y gourmet && sudo apt-get install gourmet && mv ~/.gourmet.original ~/.gourmet && gourmet
    Copy and paste this code to terminal and enter.

You will be asked for your password. When entering your password in terminal you will not have any visual confirmation, just type it in and enter.

There will be a new file in your home directory called "recipes.db.backup". This file is a built in safely for me and can be deleted if Gourmet Recipe Manager now works for you.

Beans

That didn't work, it did the same thing the program started and before it opened it crashed.

Beans

In terminal:
    Code:
    rm -r ~/.gourmet && sudo apt-get remove --purge -y gourmet && sudo apt-get autoremove -y && sudo apt-get install gourmet -y && gourmet
    You should now have Gourmet without your recipes. If Gourmet is still not working, stop here and post back.

If Gourmet is working then please shut down the Gourmet program and in terminal enter:
    Code:
    rm ~/.gourmet/recipes.db && cp ~/recipes.db.backup ~/.gourmet/recipes.db
    And try the program again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast