Thread: Wireless not working (typical problem that I got fixed a while ago, but now persisten

Beans

Wireless not working (typical problem that I got fixed a while ago, but now persisten

I installed Ubuntu 12.10 as my primary OS on my primary computer. I am currently using my sister's computer with Windows 7 on it to download files off the internet and put them on a USB (depending on what instructions I am told to do from you guys/ladies).

I was able to install ndiswrapper, ndiswrapper utils, bkms, and a bunch of other packages (because some had dependencies) from the LIVE CD that I used to install Ubuntu a few hours ago.

I am pulling my hair out trying to get my Broadcom b43 drivers installed.

I followed these instructions:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...31&postcount=8
    but when I used the command "sudo rmmod -f b43" I got an error "No such file exists"

If anyone can help I would greatly greatly appreciate it.

Ethernet is not an option becuase I have no ethernet cable, but again, I have another computer that I am using to type this and get files that are requisite. So if anyone could not immediately tell me to use "sudo apt-get" to get stuff that would be appreciated haha.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: Wireless not working (typical problem that I got fixed a while ago, but now persi

but when I used the command "sudo rmmod -f b43" I got an error "No such file exists"
    That simply means the module b43 wasn't loaded, so couldn't be removed. Not a problem.

If you wouldn't object, I'd like to see some diagnostics to be sure we don't fix the wrong thing or miss something. Please run and post:
    Code:
    lspci -nn | grep 0280
    lsmod | grep -e ndis -e b43 -e wl
    ls /lib/firmware/b43 | head -n3
    Thanks.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.