Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to boot from USB on Windows RT/Lenovo Yoga 11? (Secure boot)

Beans

Re: How to boot from USB on Windows RT/Lenovo Yoga 11? (Secure boot)

Hi, is there any update on this?

Beans

Did you have any success trying to compile for ARM. I'm in the same boat here, mobile device running Windows RT that I badly want to replace with Ubuntu(anything).

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

The MS agreement with manufacturers of Windows RT tablets specifically states that the manufacturer may NOT provide means to access the UEFI settings (i.e. like BIOS settings, you would set the boot disk/partition here). Thus, there will not be a way of booting to an alternate partition untill that agreement gets fixed.

Linux Foundation has worked on a workaround to the inaccessible UEFI, so that machines can be booted without having to mess with the UEFI settings, but this is only on x86. Doing this on ARM opens up possible breach of license terms with MS and exposes the LF to litigation with MS, thus it is unlikely we will see Linux booting on the Yoga 11.

Beans

Have you tried booting to a command prompt and turning on legacy boot by running
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard
    I have mentioned this here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...2#post12558522 but haven't tried it yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12