Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13.04 Iso fails to load properly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: 13.04 Iso fails to load properly

I'll try the nomodeset and see if that works...will probably try it tomorrow....if it doesn't, i guess i will just have to wait until it is released to try it out...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

During the last dev cycle, my netbook wouldn't boot any kernel. I found that it was because I had an SD-card inserted in the slot, as soon as I removed it, all was well.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with the op's problem, but if anyone else runs into the problem, make sure it isn't an external device problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Found a solution
    Or, rather a work-a-round

I burned todays daily build iso and when it started i just hit a key at random...the screen showing languages and various "f" key options (like help, etc) came up...

I then hit the enter key again and a screen came up with several options such as "try ubuntu without installing" install ubuntu" and several other options....

I then hit "try ubuntu without installing" and then ubuntu finished loading in with no freezes at all! I then had a running and working live session..

i then hit restart and the disc ejected fine...
    Now i will be able to play with it tommorow...

Of course, it shouldn't be necessary to do that but at least it worked...

Pays to experiment a bit...does seem like it may be a bug that affects some computers...hopefully by release it won't do that but as long as it would install ok then i won't have a problem...it is just a "minor inconvenience" (one i have NEVER encountered before except with these 13.04 daily builds)...

By the way, just checking the "system settings" in 13.04 i was pleased to see a change in the mouse settings (which wasn't on the earlier daily builds i tried last month) it seems to help eliminate the one annoyance i have had with both 12.04 and 12.10 in that i found that even at the lowest setting on the "acceleration" it was a bit too (shall we say) "loosy goosy" for my tastes...it seems like on the modified version that 13.04 will have, you can "tighten" that up a bit and i found it much nicer to work with the mouse after i did...

A very nice improvement indeed...otherwise i have been very pleased with 12.04 then 12.10 and looks like 13.04 will be even nicer for me...
    Last edited by craig10x; December 16th, 2012 at 04:38 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

As far as I am concerned there have been some issues with the Raring daily builds. During October we could get to the second install dialog but the partitioner would not load.

That seems to have been fixed but I cannot tell as since then I get an 'unable to find a medium containing a live file system,' message.

The installer is under development, it seems. What I thought of as stable and working is now needing as much testing as anything else.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    Found a solution
    Or, rather a work-a-round

I burned todays daily build iso and when it started i just hit a key at random...the screen showing languages and various "f" key options (like help, etc) came up...

I then hit the enter key again and a screen came up with several options such as "try ubuntu without installing" install ubuntu" and several other options....

I then hit "try ubuntu without installing" and then ubuntu finished loading in with no freezes at all! I then had a running and working live session..

i then hit restart and the disc ejected fine...
    Now i will be able to play with it tommorow...

Of course, it shouldn't be necessary to do that but at least it worked...

Pays to experiment a bit...does seem like it may be a bug that affects some computers...hopefully by release it won't do that but as long as it would install ok then i won't have a problem...it is just a "minor inconvenience" (one i have NEVER encountered before except with these 13.04 daily builds)...

By the way, just checking the "system settings" in 13.04 i was pleased to see a change in the mouse settings (which wasn't on the earlier daily builds i tried last month) it seems to help eliminate the one annoyance i have had with both 12.04 and 12.10 in that i found that even at the lowest setting on the "acceleration" it was a bit too (shall we say) "loosy goosy" for my tastes...it seems like on the modified version that 13.04 will have, you can "tighten" that up a bit and i found it much nicer to work with the mouse after i did...

A very nice improvement indeed...otherwise i have been very pleased with 12.04 then 12.10 and looks like 13.04 will be even nicer for me...
    I just experienced a similar problem. Boot the liveUSB, select 'default' and got a 'kernel image corrupted' or similar message. Got back to the menu, selected the live option and it loaded fine. So yup, the USB menu has 'issues'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12