Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME CONQUEROR v2.0b -- a game cheating tool for Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

[Updated 2010-01-07] GAME CONQUEROR 0.09 -- a game cheating tool for Linux

Overview
    --------

Cheat Engine is one of the most powerful cheating tool in Windows, as a experienced game cheater, I used it a lot and found it really handy. I've been always wondering why there's not a counterpart in Linux, and at last I decided to make one myself.

I dropped my early coded after I found scanmem, and decided to create a GUI front-end for it, called Game Conqueror. Thanks to Tavis (original author of scanmem), now GC is a part of scanmem.

Checkout
    --------

Updated 2010-01-05
    Now a PPA for scanmem & gamemconqueror is avaiable:

https://launchpad.net/~coolwanglu/+archive/scanmem

Enjoy!

web page:
    http://code.google.com/p/scanmem/

Updated: Now there is a v0.08 release, enjoy!

SVN Checkout:
    svn checkout http://scanmem.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ scanmem

I had considered to created a PPA, but right now I don't that enough time for that, but packers will be welcomed.

Build
    -----

You need automake, python and pygtk

./configure && make to build scanmem
    and you can find the GameConqueror in gui/GameConqueror.py

You're recommend to execute the py file in a shell, because it is the only place you can see the error output and progress of scanning

Sorry for the inconvenience but so far GUI improvement has the lowest priority unless necessary.

Usage
    -----
    You are assume to be familiar with CheatEngine, and you can see that the GUI is quite similar

Now all basic scan types (equal greater less increased(by) decreased(by) on all basic data types (int8/16/32/64 float8/16/32/64 or unknown width) have been implemented, you may found the easy-to-use syntax on the tooltip of 'Value:' label.

And for locking, you can only freeze a number but not make it 'not increased/decreased' as in CheatEngine, the delay is set to be 500ms, which could be changed in the .py file.

Support
    -------

* Bug Report
    Please submit in the project page

* Feature Request
    Actually there are still many features I'm working on, currently GameConqueror is just a simple basic tool. But all patches are welcomed

* Contribution
    If you like it, please provide some CODE instead of MONEY!

So that's all. Enjoy it!
    Last edited by Artificial Intelligence; November 24th, 2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: added prefix

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: GAME CONQUEROR v2.0b -- a game cheating tool for Linux

I dont get it... why would you cheat?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Bölvağur View Post
    I dont get it... why would you cheat?
    So I do know how to enjoy a game and I don't cheat very often.
    But cheating could be fun, as some games are too hard, some are too boring, you can change the way it is
    And cheating can also be necessary, when you want to play a game again without the savedata -- this always happens to me...

At least CheatEngine is amzing and I want a similar tool in Linux.

Beans

Ah nice, been looking for something like this for a while.
    Are you using ptrace() to edit & read memory?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Clopin View Post
    Ah nice, been looking for something like this for a while.
    Are you using ptrace() to edit & read memory?
    /proc/<pid>/mem will be used if availabe, otherwise ptrace() will be used.

But in fact, currently these two ways are mixed up, and ptrace is used more often.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Huh, that opens up a lot of technical exploits besides effin' cheating :/ I'd suggest you people should let your hands off this thing

Besides, every FOSS game has a debugging/cheating mode for, well, debugging/development purposes - which is also the case for almost every proprietary game, too. Why would you need a cheating tool?

But cheating could be fun, as some games are too hard, some are too boring, you can change the way it is
    I hope for your f* sake that you don't mean multiplayer games.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Sindwiller View Post
    Huh, that opens up a lot of technical exploits besides effin' cheating :/ I'd suggest you people should let your hands off this thing

Besides, every FOSS game has a debugging/cheating mode for, well, debugging/development purposes - which is also the case for almost every proprietary game, too. Why would you need a cheating tool?

I hope for your f* sake that you don't mean multiplayer games.

Not every game has a debugging mode, like Flash games. Even there is, such kind of time is still useful. For boring games, or a boring part of a game, I have to find a way of passing it as fast as possible, after all you're playing the game, not the game playing you.

If I have to cheat the game, either I want to try the crazy mode, or the game itself sucks. I just want to have fun, and most of time I don't want to ruin the game by cheating.

For single player games, cheating means modifying but nothing, unless you upload your score or something like that. For multiplayer games, cheating is cheating, it should not be tolerated unless agreement ahead. When you play with others, the fun part is communication through the game, not only the game itself.

The tool itself is just a tool, I publish it only because it might be useful, but not to encourage cheating.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I'm considering in implementation of memory viewer/editor, maybe ghex2 can be employed here...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coolwanglu View Post
    I'm considering in implementation of memory viewer/editor, maybe ghex2 can be employed here...
    Hello big man, you are my new hero for create this wonderful program.

Just a simply problem, i am new for linux and whole thing. Currently i have Ubuntu 9.10 and got know idea to install your program.

What i did so far:

Sudo apt-get install scanmem
    Sudo apt-get install python
    I'm also find your python file in /Gui what am i suppose to do next. Just click in the link and it opens a long text file. How can i get that .py file. Looking for your reply soon.

Ryan Toss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi, scanmem in the repository should not work, since I added more stuff in the latest version.

So here's what you should do:

1. checkout svn code
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install automake python python-gtk2
    Code:
    sudo apt-get build-dep scanmem
    4. Enter the directory of the source code, and
    Code:
    ./configure && make
    5. Now you may execute it by execute
    Code:
    gui/GameConqueror.py
    Hope this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryantoss View Post
    Hello big man, you are my new hero for create this wonderful program.

Just a simply problem, i am new for linux and whole thing. Currently i have Ubuntu 9.10 and got know idea to install your program.

What i did so far:

I'm also find your python file in /Gui what am i suppose to do next. Just click in the link and it opens a long text file. How can i get that .py file. Looking for your reply soon.

Ryan Toss

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast