Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lxde panel in Ubuntu 12.04 is acting weired

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Lxde panel in Ubuntu 12.04 is acting weired

I've installed LXDE on Ubuntu 12.04. It works great with my netbook. Suddenly, after rebooting my PC, I'm facing a problem with the default LXDE menu.

There is a unwanted space in the default panel of LXDE. Please check the attached image for better understanding. Just look at the "free space" between the Dropbox and QB icon.

I'm new for LXDE. Please help, how can I get rid from this unwanted "free space".

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Lxde panel in Ubuntu 12.04 is acting weired

Quote Originally Posted by uzumakifahim View Post
    I've installed LXDE on Ubuntu 12.04. ...
    There is a unwanted space in the default panel of LXDE. ...
    Hi, not of much help to you but this is a known issue in 12.04 which goes away in 12.10.

It maybe possible to fix the problem in 12.04 but I don't know how. I'm now on 12.10 and there's no unwanted space (which I did suffer when on 12.04).

Beans
    Distro

Red face Re: Lxde panel in Ubuntu 12.04 is acting weired

Hi, Vasa1 thanks for your reply. I need to solve this problem in Ubuntu 12.04. I want to stick with 12.04 for its LTS. Looking forward for anyone who can help me on this regard.

Beans

I don't know if what I'm suggesting is correct or not, but have you enabled backports in your software sources?

BTW, when I type xfce4-power-manager --version in a terminal, I see Xfce Power Manager 1.2.0.

What do you see?

The other thing you could do is to tag your question with Xfce and Xubuntu.
    Last edited by vasa1; December 14th, 2012 at 06:41 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    I don't know if what I'm suggesting is correct or not, but have you enabled backports in your software sources?

BTW, when I type xfce4-power-manager --version in a terminal, I see Xfce Power Manager 1.2.0.

What do you see?

The other thing you could do is to tag your question with Xfce and Xubuntu.
    May be you are in the right way to solve this problem. I have Xfec4 installed on the same PC.

1. Is this issue somehow related to xfce?
    2. When I type xfce4-power-manager -version, it shows The program 'xfce4-power-manager' is currently not installed. You can install it .....? How can xfce power manger help me to solve this?
    3. I've backports enabled in my software sources.

Thanks.

Beans

May be you are in the right way to solve this problem. I have Xfec4 installed on the same PC.

1. Is this issue somehow related to xfce?
    2. When I type xfce4-power-manager -version, it shows The program 'xfce4-power-manager' is currently not installed. You can install it .....? How can xfce power manger help me to solve this?
    3. I've backports enabled in my software sources.

Thanks.
    I'm not absolutely sure but I understand that the xfce4 power manager is used by the LXDE implementation of Lubuntu. I do not know whether it is part of the LXDE you have installed.
    From whatever I've read, it seems that the excess spacing in the lxpanel is related to the xfce4 power manager. Since you do not seem to have it installed, your problem may be different?
    If you're interested, you could look at https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lu...ry/000335.html.

Beans
    Distro

Which version of LXDE has been used for Lubuntu 12.04? I think as this is an issue related with LXDE, so if LXDE have released any new version, then installing that version could solve the problem.

Beans

On your original post (#1):

Do you have stretch enabled in the Task Bar applet? This will shove all the stuff to the right of it as far as possible. You can also add spacers in other places with stretch enabled to move stuff to the right.

Panel Settings > Panel Applets

check the "strech" box next to task bar, or next to any spacer.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis N View Post
    On your original post (#1):

Do you have stretch enabled in the Task Bar applet? This will shove all the stuff to the right of it as far as possible. You can also add spacers in other places with stretch enabled to move stuff to the right.

Panel Settings > Panel Applets

check the "strech" box next to task bar, or next to any spacer.
    Thanks for your reply. It works partially, but a new problem with panel have appeared. Please take a look at the screenshot. Now my panel is stretched that other indicators like, Dropbox, Ubuntu One etc. are in the second desktop. I think screen shot will clarify everything. Please take a look and help anyone with this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Beans

Thanks for your reply. It works partially, but a new problem with panel have appeared. Please take a look at the screenshot. Now my panel is stretched that other indicators like, Dropbox, Ubuntu One etc. are in the second desktop. I think screen shot will clarify everything. Please take a look and help anyone with this problem.

Thanks in advance.
    Please show us a screenshots of both desktop 1 panel and desktop 2 panel to clarify what this new problem looks like. Otherwise, it is hard to visualize.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast