Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: intel graphics ubuntu 13.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: intel graphics ubuntu 13.04

Greetings,
    Regarding the OP, at least the Intel and Mesa is still supported. My information says that Ubuntu is dropping ATI for lack of any kind of compatibility support or something like that. The 386 processer is being dropped. I can see a deer in my headlights that has a CD-ROM on his forehead. It just a matter of what hardware will use RR and that hardware will most likely have a DVD or BlueRay and most certainly a USB.

rrnbtter
    Life is good! Live it to the Ubuntu-ist! Until Friday!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jerrylamos View Post
    There's also this thing called "internet" so I download .iso and boot them direct. So Ubuntu could expand to many gigabytes. I wouldn't want to run it.

To me the virtue of the CD was it tended to keep ubuntu down to size. Now with 4G DVD's they can pile lots and lots of stuff in that I'll never ever ever use. Launcher has stuff I never ever use. etc.

On the other hand they've dropped things I use all the time like gparted, synaptic, flashplugin, zsync, and file sharing on my local network never works unless I do an apt-get install samba. I have a setup exec to get software sources preferences, update preferences, and install a bunch of the stuff they've dropped out.

I've tried "mini" which was a bear. At 1.5 MB internet it took forever and I was always forgetting some useful utilities,

BTW, sometimes I just want to do something with a live boot so I use linuxmint-14 which saves the bother of installing flashplugin plus is easier for me to setup dual monitors etc. Booting from the mint .iso file is about like booting installed raring.
    Due to improper quoting that @rrnbtter uses now his words are quoted as mine in Your post... Please correct that... Thank You...
    Last edited by zika; December 19th, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
    Ignota nulla curatio morbi.
    Quod nocet saepe docet.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by rrnbtter View Post
    Greetings,
    Regarding the OP, at least the Intel and Mesa is still supported. My information says that Ubuntu is dropping ATI for lack of any kind of compatibility support or something like that. The 386 processer is being dropped. I can see a deer in my headlights that has a CD-ROM on his forehead. It just a matter of what hardware will use RR and that hardware will most likely have a DVD or BlueRay and most certainly a USB.

rrnbtter
    ATI is by no means dropped in Ubuntu... Open-source driver is getting better and better every day...
    Please use quoting the way it is customary here on the Forum so other people would not have trouble answering on Your posts and Your writting would not be attributed to other memebres of Forum...
    Quod nocet saepe docet.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Greetings,
    Due to improper quoting that @rrnbtter uses now his words are quoted as mine in Your post... Please correct that... Thank You...
    Good grief! Whats the correct way to quote! Just doing what I could figure out!

rrnbtter

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Greetings,

Good grief! Whats the correct way to quote! Just doing what I could figure out!

rrnbtter
    Use „Quote“ button...
    You can see above why I'm complaining...
    Your words are attributed to me...
    Quod nocet saepe docet.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Greetings,
    Thanks for the quote instructions. I will see if I can hunt down the ATI release. Just ran across it yesterday on one of the technology sites.

rrnbtter

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Greetings,
    Thanks for the quote instructions. I will see if I can hunt down the ATI release. Just ran across it yesterday on one of the technology sites.

rrnbtter
    I wrote about open-source driver... You do need to „hunt it down“...
    Quod nocet saepe docet.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Greetings,

rrnbtter
    Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    Use „Quote“ button...
    You can see above why I'm complaining...
    Your words are attributed to me...
    You can also use the multiquote button (to the right of quote) with the quote button to quote multiple posts, you can change the order as I have done here.

Further you can quote posts from other threads, just a bit fiddlier.

Always best to quote properly if you can - not so much here - but elsewhere improperly quoting things can lead to trouble for people.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    You can also use the multiquote button (to the right of quote) with the quote button to quote multiple posts, you can change the order as I have done here.

Further you can quote posts from other threads, just a bit fiddlier.

Always best to quote properly if you can - not so much here - but elsewhere improperly quoting things can lead to trouble for people.
    Thank You...
    Quod nocet saepe docet.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Greetings,
    I think this goes away from the original OP but the ATI information I was referring to is here https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu...uestion/213017 however it appears to me after rereading that it is AMD that is dropping closed driver support for linux on some ATI card versions. The result is still a work-around however. There are also other links available on the same subject. I will leave it to you to do your own google-ing.

rrnbtter

PS: I'm out of here!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast