Thread: intel graphics ubuntu 13.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: intel graphics ubuntu 13.04

Quote Originally Posted by rrnbtter View Post
    Greetings,
    I think this goes away from the original OP but the ATI information I was referring to is here https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu...uestion/213017 however it appears to me after rereading that it is AMD that is dropping closed driver support for linux on some ATI card versions. The result is still a work-around however. There are also other links available on the same subject. I will leave it to you to do your own google-ing.

rrnbtter
    Life is good! Live it to the Ubuntu-ist! Until Friday!

PS: I'm out of here!
    First You wrote that Ubuntu is dropping ATI and now You write that ATI is dropping proprietary driver support for linux on some ATI card versions... These are two very different things...
    I've done my Google-ing about that in Janty time and I've beeng doing that since then...

PS: I'm staying here...
    Last edited by zika; December 19th, 2012 at 03:22 PM.
    Ignota nulla curatio morbi.
    Quod nocet saepe docet.

Beans
    Distro

According to the bug in launchpad it's fixed now.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...os/+bug/914631

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: intel graphics ubuntu 13.04

13.04 is working just fine with my Intel Processor and Intel Integrated Graphics Card on my Dell 1012 Mini Netbook with AMD64 13.04 installed. And that's even though I bought this system on a close out sale in 2010.
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans
    Distro

if this was such a trivial matter like the correct display of the name of the graphics driver I wouldn't even have looked into it.

Fact is without mesa and the codes that were posted I could not even activate WebGl.

I would also ask canonical to look into performance in intel gfx cards:

ubuntu 12.04 is smooth and fast and as you can see from the video I posted the dash experience in 13.04 is sluggish at best.

ubuntu 12.10 for me is a no go simply because of intel gfx glitch that won't even start the driver.

is anyone able to burn ubuntu on a cd? I'm using dvd's now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234