Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SuperTuxKart 0.8 released

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

SuperTuxKart 0.8 released

Hi all,

over a year after the 0.7.3 release, we are proud and excited to announce the release of SuperTuxKart 0.8! We have closed over 230 tickets, and made some significant changes: You can now enjoy a story mode with challenges against a stronger AI, and improved physics with better skidding and collisions. Tracks can be driven in reverse, and we have new music especially composed for SuperTuxKart.

Please see this post for details.
    My intent is not to flame. I am unarmed. -- QIII; thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: SuperTuxKart 0.8 released!

Woohoo~! Thanks for the active development on Supertuxkart!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

oh sweet! i love this game.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup: Redobackup

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Oh this sounds great, particularly in regards to the music (which I think was the only thing lacking in quality from the older releases). Look forward to playing it (btw, love the mascot from the GIMP the best).
    Holding a LAN party? Check out LAN Party Mania (detailed LAN information for games)
    http://lanpartymania.com

Beans

Still no precise build?

https://launchpad.net/~stk/+archive/dev

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

This is great news! I loved Super TuxKart in the previous version, so I can't wait for a Precise build of this new version. In the meantime I'll give the Windows package a try. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by holastickboy View Post
    Look forward to playing it (btw, love the mascot from the GIMP the best).
    Yeah, I enjoy playing as Wilber the most myself. ^^ GIMP is pretty much my favorite app on Linux, and its mascot is also my favorite driver on Super TuxKart. =P

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

http://sourceforge.net/projects/supe...erTuxKart/0.8/
    just extract and run
    i beat it a few days ago (i beat alpha 1 in just a couple hrs) the EB is still too easy
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Wow, I was pretty shocked, and super happy, that the game ran on Precise without needing any dependancies beforehand! Thanks for pointing that out, pqwoerituytrueiwoq. =P

Needless to say, I'm enjoying the heck out of the new features and enhancements, especially the new music, which sounds quite fitting for each race track I've played so far; it's so catchy and inspiring. Even my little cousin played this game for a bit, and he's usually not into open-source games!

I'm really blown away by the release, devs! Can't wait for my art skills to improve so I could contribute to this fun racer in some way myself later on. You guys have a great project and I look forward to seeing it grow even more in the future. :3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Love it, especially the new skidding feature. With it, now the truly has some strategic factors added to it in taking advantage of the boost at the right place and time. Story mode is great, but like pqwoerituytrueiwoq said, it's a bit too easy and short.

(Since I don't know any better, I would say Crash Team Racing influenced this game (the hopping animation before skidding, a story mode in which you ride to areas to enter challenges))

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

It be fun I still get a kick out of the [i]less than accurate[/] though still hilarious sfx.
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast