Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WINE drives

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

WINE drives [SOLVED]

I am using Wine 1.1.13 in Ubuntu Hardy, and I am having a strange problem where when I try to access the "Drives" tab in winecfg. All I get is the message: "Failed to connect to the mount manager, the driver configuration cannot be edited."

So, after googling and being a little lost, I found this which made me think my problem was running Wine in sudo, but I don't remember ever doing that.

running "winecfg" in the terminal, then switching to the "Drives" tab has this output:

Code:
    ~$ winecfg
    err:service:RPC_Init RpcServerUseProtseq failed with error 1703
    err:wineboot:start_services_process Unexpected termination of services.exe - exit code 1703
    err:winecfg:open_mountmgr failed to open mount manager err 2
    So, I am really curious. What is wrong and what should I do? I'm by no means an expert with linux, but I am fairly comfortable with some harder stuff. Please, if anyone knows what's wrong, help me out or point me in the right direction.

Edit:
    I found a solution to this after searching some more. I found this command:

Code:
    sudo rm -rvf ~/.wine
    Everything seems to be fine now.
    Last edited by MobiusCoffee; January 20th, 2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Found a solution

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: WINE drives

I'm having the same problem and that command is not working.

Beans

So am I. +1

Beans

so am I

even rebuilding wine from source (some folks suggested that the packages might be defect) with latest git version (1.1.24) did not fix it.

When enabling full debug output (WINEDEBUG=+all winecfg) the error seems to be:
    "Failed to connect to the mount manager, the drive configuration cannot be edited."

Which appears several times caused by different components.

Beans

I found a solution to my version of the problem: Since I use CUDA I had to use the NVIDIA 185 beta drivers (as ***buntu does/did not provide drivers with CUDA support). I now reverted to 180.22 (which are stable for Hardy and Intrepid but not officially supported by jauntys newer X server). So I had to edit /etc/gdm/gdm.cfg and add -ignoreABI to the server command (somewhere close to the end of the config file)
    Not X runs again and wine does so too.
    Isn't it nice that a graphics driver problem causes an error in the mount manager? I love intelligently designed software....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Exclamation Re: WINE drives [SOLVED]

[/QUOTE]
    Edit:

Code:
    sudo rm -rvf ~/.wine
    Everything seems to be fine now.[/QUOTE]

Moebios, ese código, por si no lo sabes, borra completamente el directorio wine

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Same problem!

By the way, for anyone who needs to access their cd rom drive and the devices tab isn't working even with that command, you can do a symlink in your ~/.wine/dosdevices directory.

sudo ln -s path_name_here ~/.wine/dosdevices/e:

or if you don't want to use e: you can change it to whatever as long as no other drive is in that slot.

Your cdrom directory is usually in your /media/cdrom0 folder

that would come out to

Code:
    sudo ln -s /media/cdrom0  ~/.wine/dosdevices/e:
    worked for me anyways
    Last edited by Progressive; February 24th, 2010 at 07:03 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: WINE drives [SOLVED]

This worked for me. Thanks.

Beans

Re: WINE drives [SOLVED]

Quote Originally Posted by MobiusCoffee View Post
    I am using Wine 1.1.13 in Ubuntu Hardy, and I am having a strange problem where when I try to access the "Drives" tab in winecfg. All I get is the message: "Failed to connect to the mount manager, the driver configuration cannot be edited."

So, after googling and being a little lost, I found this which made me think my problem was running Wine in sudo, but I don't remember ever doing that.

running "winecfg" in the terminal, then switching to the "Drives" tab has this output:

Code:
    ~$ winecfg
    err:wineboot:start_services_process Unexpected termination of services.exe - exit code 1703
    So, I am really curious. What is wrong and what should I do? I'm by no means an expert with linux, but I am fairly comfortable with some harder stuff. Please, if anyone knows what's wrong, help me out or point me in the right direction.

Edit:

Code:
    sudo rm -rvf ~/.wine
    Thanks it solved the problem, mow its mapping the drive. also resolved the disk space issue.
    "Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises"

Beans

Smile Re: WINE drives [SOLVED]

Quote Originally Posted by MobiusCoffee View Post

Code:
    ~$ winecfg

Edit:

Code:
    sudo rm -rvf ~/.wine

Thanks man. It totally saved me from malfunctioning of wine.
    Merci baucoup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast