Thread: xfce + compiz unminimize window problems

Beans

xfce + compiz unminimize window problems

I've just installed xubuntu 12.10 (actually Voyager 12.10) and it's very nice. Themes are great, it's snappy, and simple. But I notice that xfwm is lacking. It's supposed to be low on system resources, of course, but I want something a bit sharper so I installed compiz.

I'm fairly happy with the results except I cannot understand the bug I'm having.

I click the open program in the "open windows area" on the panel and it minimizes/unminimizes fine.

I click the minimize button on the titlebar and it minimizes, but won't unminimize without having to right click->unminimize. (i.e. I can't just click the open program on the panel to make it re-open)

What can I do? I like compiz with xfce a lot because it improves my video playback as well and really doesn't add much weight to my system.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: xfce + compiz unminimize window problems

TRy use other gtk theme when you use compiz and try unminimize option to see if work.

Make sure that you have installed:
    libdecoration0 & libdecoration0-dev

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

XFCE has some of its own compositing and tweaks under Window Manager Tweaks.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans

I'm not sure what you mean but I tried different gtk themes from the appearance settings and changed to different window decorations from the dconf-editor and I still have the same problem.

I did not have one of the packages you suggested installed, though I do now and I still have the same trouble.

If it helps I do get this error when I do compiz --replace:
    /home/myname/.gtkrc-2.0:13: error: unexpected character `=', expected character `]'
    compiz (decor) - Warn: No default decoration found, placement will not be correct
    compiz (decor) - Warn: No default decoration found, placement will not be correct

Beans

I think I fixed it. I turned off conky and now it works fine.