Thread: Deadly 30 black window

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Deadly 30 black window

I've just purchase Deadly 30 at IndieGala and it doesn't run on 12.10 64bit. When launched from the terminal all I get is a black window and the following messages:

Code:
    $ ./Deadly_30 
    Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"
    `menu_proxy_module_load': ./Deadly_30: undefined symbol: menu_proxy_module_load

(Deadly_30:4413): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to load type module: (null)

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.15) Gecko/20101027 Ubuntu/9.10 (karmic) Firefox/3.5.3
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.15) Gecko/20101027 Ubuntu/9.10 (karmic) Firefox/3.5.3
    onsize
    DoResize
    onsize
    DoResize
    onsize
    DoResize
    onsize
    DoResize
    onsize
    DoResize
    onpaint
    SetWindowToInstance
    socket id = 3a00040
    plug_added_cb

It's not an unknown issue, as you can see in the game's comments on Desura, but there's no solution posted there. Do you know any way to fix this and be able to play the game?

PS: I installed the ia32-libs package and I checked that I got the 32-bit versions of libgtk2.0-0, libnss3 and libxtst6, as is suggested on the Desura comments.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Deadly 30 black window

UPDATE

I haven't make any real progress, but now I'm almost sure the problem has to do with Flash: since I installed the game, the Steam client isn't able to display any video correctly. When trying to view a video on Greenlight I get a text error message instead: #text_need_flash_inclient. And if I try to view a video on the store, I this other message:

Code:
    You need to have a specific Flash Player installed to view video content
    in Steam. Please follow these directions to get the right version for Steam.

You will need this Flash player even if you already have the latest player for
    your default web browser.

Even though I have the adobe-flashplugin package installed, I followed this instructions (which by the way seem tailored for Windows users, as I didn't find any Flash Player 11 for Other Browsers option) but all I got was a tarball with the same libflashplayer.so that was already installed in my system.

The funny thing is that videos on the Steam client worked fine before I installed Deadly 30. Could the game have messed up my flash configuration in any way?
    Last edited by pardalet; January 16th, 2013 at 05:13 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Deadly 30 black window

Problem solved: I'm finally able to play the game (albeit only in windowed mode, I don't know how to play at fullscreen).

After a lot of trial and error I THINK that the problem was Adobe Air, which conflicted with the (outdated) Adobe Flash Player plugin embedded in the game. Uninstalling it finally got the game running.

The donwside is that now my Desura client has ceased to function properly. Oh dear...
    Last edited by pardalet; January 21st, 2013 at 03:08 AM. Reason: I solved the problem with the Desura client: somehow I must've uninstalled the libnspr4-0d package. Reinstalling it did the trick.