Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSI GT60 Keyboard Leds

Beans

MSI GT60 Keyboard Leds

I'm trying to get my MSI GT60 Keyboard Leds to work with linux, sure enough there is the capacitive button that switches the plain lights on or off but i'd love to have the additional functionality as exist in the KLM windows software.

I've located this post that links to a program that was created to do it but i'm unable to compile and install with the usual make && make install procedure.

Can someone assist me with either modifying this little program so that it can compile or posting a howto so i can do the modification?

I'm also not too comfortable with not being able to compile that hid.c for myself hopefully someone could restructure the package so that it either uses a preinstalled library or provide the necessary additional files/framework that will allow compilation.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Re: MSI GT60 Keyboard Leds

Hi,

I tried the same and had a look over the sourcefiles (I'm not a programmer) but as far as i understand so far in the makefile a library is called

> LIBS=-framework IOKit -framework CoreFoundation

if i put it in Google i found:
    http://www.opensource.apple.com/sour...IOKitLib.h?txt
    where it says:

/* * Copyright (c) 1998-2000 Apple Computer, Inc. All rights reserved. * * @APPLE_LICENSE_HEADER_START@ * ..... */ /* * HISTORY * */ /* * IOKit user library */

..... its a lib for the Mac kernel i didn't find any port for Ubuntu so the only hope is

that someone rewrite the programm with Ubuntu libs provided in the essentials-build package.
    Last edited by luxexcudo; December 21st, 2012 at 05:54 PM.

Beans

hmm interesting....
    hope someone helps out here

Quote Originally Posted by luxexcudo View Post
    Hi,

I tried the same and had a look over the sourcefiles (I'm not a programmer) but as far as i understand so far in the makefile a library is called

> LIBS=-framework IOKit -framework CoreFoundation

if i put it in Google i found:
    http://www.opensource.apple.com/sour...IOKitLib.h?txt
    where it says:

/* * Copyright (c) 1998-2000 Apple Computer, Inc. All rights reserved. * * @APPLE_LICENSE_HEADER_START@ * ..... */ /* * HISTORY * */ /* * IOKit user library */

..... its a lib for the Mac kernel i didn't find any port for Ubuntu so the only hope is

that someone rewrite the programm with Ubuntu libs provided in the essentials-build package.

Beans

Hi guys,

luxexcudo called me to solve this fail in compilation for linux. This is the unix version of this app:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5977601/MSI...er-unix.tar.gz

Also you need to:

sudo apt-get install build-essential libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libfox-1.6-dev autotools-dev

to get dependencies for compilation. I dont have ubuntu installed only Win7 and OSX so I can test it but luxexcudo says is working (with little problems).

enjoy

Beans

Question Re: MSI GT60 Keyboard Leds

Hi, I'm new to Ubuntu and I'm having problems installing the unix app.
    I've followed some guides on compiling source files and I've installed the dependencies as suggested by PaNaVTEC, but when I type
    ./configure
    in the terminal it tells me
    bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
    Could someone help me please?

Beans

Hi Dani716

Yesterday, I just read your post. The attachment below is the msiledenabler from PaNaVTEC as a allready compiled binary (43K). Im also not so familiar with the compiling stuff, but i got a working on out ... If you want to use, here how i get it running:

Copy it to /usr/bin/ so every user reaches it, put the rights with chmod to a "555" and make it also "suid" (like passwd) because it require to be root. I read the code so far as i can understand it with a bit of logic and my old programming knowledge (when i was writing Programms i used linenumbers and GOTO . I understand that it sends a 8 byte array in hex to the keyboard in a special format which includes color and intensity, but the array isn't 100% correct jet.

I also put the init script beside just copy it to /etc/init.d/ and use update-rc.d to include it to your start process (the color you choose you have to edit in the init file)

I hope it helps you a bit

Lux Excudo
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Hi !

The https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5977601/MSI...er-unix.tar.gz link seems to be broken...
    Does anybody can help my to get this file ?

Thanks...
    Last edited by Ludovic_Martin; September 17th, 2013 at 08:49 AM.

Beans

Hi

Thank you for posting your code and instructions, very nice Have you had a chance to sort out the color encoding? I mean, when I request red it gives blue and so on...

Cheers
    Guy
    Last edited by guy.labbe23; December 15th, 2013 at 06:45 PM.

Beans

Hi, I found this on another thread, but Im unable to get to it, and from what I understand it's the precompiled binaries? It takes me to a board to login, ect, which I do, no idea whats wrong. I have the MSI GT60 OC-US trying desperately to get KLM/led manager working.:

Hi Dani716

Yesterday, I just read your post. The attachment below is the msiledenabler from PaNaVTEC as a allready compiled binary (43K). Im also not so familiar with the compiling stuff, but i got a working on out ... If you want to use, here how i get it running:

Copy it to /usr/bin/ so every user reaches it, put the rights with chmod to a "555" and make it also "suid" (like passwd) because it require to be root. I read the code so far as i can understand it with a bit of logic and my old programming knowledge (when i was writing Programms i used linenumbers and GOTO . I understand that it sends a 8 byte array in hex to the keyboard in a special format which includes color and intensity, but the array isn't 100% correct jet.

I also put the init script beside just copy it to /etc/init.d/ and use update-rc.d to include it to your start process (the color you choose you have to edit in the init file)

I hope it helps you a bit

Lux Excudo

Attached Files

Beans

Hi! I have 64 bit ubuntu and current binary not working for me. Please can sameone give me source of this program(linux version)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast