Thread: TeamViewer: Your partner uses newer version of Teamviewer. Would you like to update..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

TeamViewer: Your partner uses newer version of Teamviewer. Would you like to update..

Hi, I had some issues with the new TeamViewer deb v8.0.16485 beta. So I downloaded v7.0.9377 but then I got: "Your partner uses newer version of Teamviewer. Would you like to update Teamviewer now to establish connection?" So I installed version 8 again, which after a while worked fine and if not, I could kill Teamviewer and Wine (TeamViewer is running with Wine) with LXTask and restart TeamViewer. See also: http://kaar3l.blogspot.se/2011/12/te...6-problem.html (The link talks about copying newer TeamViewer Windows files to the Linux system)

I will link to this thread from: https://plus.google.com/101315094374...ts/VQorrLLq1wZ

Beans

Re: TeamViewer: Your partner uses newer version of Teamviewer. Would you like to upda

Quote Originally Posted by Lyfang View Post
    Hi, I had some issues with the new TeamViewer deb v8.0.16485 beta. So I downloaded v7.0.9377 but then I got: "Your partner uses newer version of Teamviewer. Would you like to update Teamviewer now to establish connection?" So I installed version 8 again, which after a while worked fine and if not, I could kill Teamviewer and Wine (TeamViewer is running with Wine) with LXTask and restart TeamViewer. See also: http://kaar3l.blogspot.se/2011/12/te...6-problem.html (The link talks about copying newer TeamViewer Windows files to the Linux system)

I will link to this thread from: https://plus.google.com/101315094374...ts/VQorrLLq1wZ
    I am confused, if you are using wine you would use the .exe not the .deb. Why do you need wine ?

the version 8 beta works fine for me with no issues.
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans
    Distro

Re: TeamViewer: Your partner uses newer version of Teamviewer. Would you like to upda

Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    I am confused, if you are using wine you would use the .exe not the .deb. Why do you need wine ?
    No, I have not Wine installed. Use your file manager e.g. Nautilus and browse to /opt/teamviewer8/tv_bin/wine/bin (you will see wine, wine-preloader and wineserver)
    Sounds great! However I have some problems e.g.:
    Code:
    USERNAME@ubuntu:~$ teamviewer 

Init...
    Checking setup...
    Launching TeamViewer...
    err:secur32:SECUR32_initSchannelSP libgnutls not found, SSL connections will fail
    err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.
    err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
    fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
    fixme:ole:CoInitializeSecurity ((nil),-1,(nil),(nil),0,3,(nil),0,(nil)) - stub!
    fixme:process:SetProcessShutdownParameters (00000100, 00000000): partial stub.
    fixme:resource:GetGuiResources (0xffffffff,0): stub
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32df64,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW (L"\\\\.\\DISPLAY1",0,0x32dc1c,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),1,0x32df64,0x00000000), stub!
    I also posted at TeamViewer's Google+ page: Please fix bugs before releasing the final product: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=12392354
    Last edited by Lyfang; December 7th, 2012 at 02:19 PM.

Beans

I am having exactly the same problem. Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bits. It ran first time only, nore more after rebooting.

No, I have not Wine installed. Use your file manager e.g. Nautilus and browse to /opt/teamviewer8/tv_bin/wine/bin (you will see wine, wine-preloader and wineserver)

Code:

Init...
    Checking setup...
    Launching TeamViewer...
    err:secur32:SECUR32_initSchannelSP libgnutls not found, SSL connections will fail
    err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.
    err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
    I also posted at TeamViewer's Google+ page: Please fix bugs before releasing the final product: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=12392354

Beans

I am experiencing the same problem as described by Lyfang. Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bits. It ran first time, but not after restarting. I restarted daemon, but same problem.

Code:

Init...
    Checking setup...
    Launching TeamViewer...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by onedemian View Post
    I am experiencing the same problem as described by Lyfang. Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bits. It ran first time, but not after restarting. I restarted daemon, but same problem.
    Same problem here as well, TV8 worked fine the first time and now after restarting I'm having the exact same issue. I then DLd TV7 and I get the message that my other machines are using the newer version.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sieg358 View Post
    Same problem here as well, TV8 worked fine the first time and now after restarting I'm having the exact same issue. I then DLd TV7 and I get the message that my other machines are using the newer version.
    I think there should have been some backward compability. At least support for the previous version.

Also with TV8 libgnutls is not found but libgnutls26 GnuTLS is installed.

Beans
    Distro

The Linux version of TV8 still more or less uses Wine. This custom version of Wine seems to work great. I hope TeamViewer will release the stable Linux version 8 soon. I could also try Wine and the Windows version of TeamViewer Portable 8.0.16642 latter, since Wine's uninstaller isn't well tested and is quite "shaky" at the moment.