Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: installing EAC 1.0 beta 3 under wine

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

installing EAC 1.0 beta 3 /4 and 1.1 under wine

1. INSTALL WINE

2. Download latest version of eac and install to ~/.wine/dosdevices/c\:/Program\ Files\ \(x86\

then run

cd ~/.wine/dosdevices/c\:/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Exact\ Audio\ Copy/
    regsvr32 sql*
    or if not using x86

cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Exact\ Audio\ Copy /
    regsvr32 sql*
    which will give you in your terminal

~/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Exact
    > Audio Copy$ regsvr32 sql*
    > Successfully registered DLL sqlceca35.dll
    > DllRegisterServer not implemented in DLL sqlcecompact35.dll
    > Successfully registered DLL sqlceoledb35.dll
    > DllRegisterServer not implemented in DLL sqlceqp35.dll
    > DllRegisterServer not implemented in DLL sqlcese35.dll
    3. At this point 1.0 will appear but may not see your cd drive

to remedy that [thanx mc4man]

Code:
    sudo mkdir /media/cdrom0
    Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/fstab
    Add this line at bottom on a new line

Code:
    /dev/sr0   /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec   0 0
    save

AND

Go to:

Applications/Wine/Configure Wine/Drive/Add a new drive [ call it D or whatever is not already in use]

and do this

[When you browse Find your correct drive under Media]

now your drive is visible!

so happy trucking with amazing latest EAC does picture now and Log checksum [whatever that is]

PS settings for flac have all changed

-8 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "PERFORMER=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albumartist%" -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" %source%
    if you use earlier version than 1.3 [09-2016] you will need to use
    -8 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "PERFORMER=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albumartist%" -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" %source% -o %dest%

so for wavpack now use [with appropriate exe of course]

-hmx3 -w "Artist=%artist%" -w "Title=%title%" -w "Album=%albumtitle%" -w "Year=%year%" -w "Genre=%genre%" -w "Tracknumber=%tracknr%" -w "Performer=%albuminterpret%" -w "Composer=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=lyrics="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -w "Albumartist=%albumartist%" -w "Discnumber=%cdnumber%" -w "Totaldiscs=%totalcds%" -w "Totaltracks=%numtracks%" -w "Comment=%comment%" %source% %dest%
    for ape

download Monkeyaudio and place in home/yourname/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/

then tick the following:

tta becomes [tick add id3 tags for tagging]

-e %source% -o %dest%
    tak becomes

Tak requires 2 codecs wapet.exe which writes the tags and that you already have for ape and takc.exe

%dest% -t "Artist=%artist%" -t "Title=%title%" -t "CD artist=%albumartist%" -t "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -t "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -t "Year=%year%" -t "Genre=%genre%" -t "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -t "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" -t "COMMENT=%comment%" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\Flac\Takc.exe" -e -p2 %source% %dest%
    full info on plugins attached
    Last edited by shantiq; August 9th, 2017 at 04:53 PM.
    Linux is Latin for off-the-beaten-track
    what I like MOST about our Ubuntu ... The Community ie 50 brains are better than one
    Playing with Slackware too now ...
    ShanArt

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: installing EAC 1.0 beta 3 under wine

Thanks for this guide.

Beans
    Distro

alac rip EAC under wine; alac rip

finally cracked how to do EAC alac rip under 1.0.3 under Wine

the code line is [with all trimmings]

--no-optimize -A -i %source% -o %dest% --artist "%artist%" --title "%title%" --album "%albumtitle%" --date "%year%" --track "%tracknr%" --genre "%genre%" --band "%albumartist%" --compilation --comment "%comment%"

place the entire qaac folder from here into flac folder in EAC and use qaac.exe

if you want an aac/m4a [330kbps about] with the same encoder run

-V 127 -i %source% -o %dest% --artist "%artist%" --title "%title%" --album "%albumtitle%" --date "%year%" --track "%tracknr%" --genre "%genre%" --band "%albumartist%" --compilation --comment "%comment%"

PS since EAC is not linux but windows under Wine i have designed a more comprehensive guide and put it here you may want to check there for updates or improvements
    Last edited by shantiq; March 1st, 2015 at 09:38 AM.
    what I like MOST about our Ubuntu ... The Community ie 50 brains are better than one
    ShanArt

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Many Many Thanks. EAC has been the best for some years..

Graham.
    Dark days nurture new
    light. Productions begin.
    Now open your eyes

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Being a bit of an Audiophile, I have been following this thread, & have used EAC under Windows 7.
    Under Ubuntu though I use RubyRipper to rip to FLAC/mp3/aac/mp3HD/ogg, and I honestly can't tell any difference in quality.
    What advantages are there (if any) to using EAC over a linux native ripper?

Beans
    Distro

ok Cott and trust i am no genius when it comes to these matters but what i am told and the reason why EAC is still seen as "higher" than RR and i too use RR a lot and love is that EAC gives a more accurate check of the 2 rips one against the other.... Apparently RR does not do that thoroughly at all in comparison [check both rips are identical]

all i have got on the matter... no doubt there are people on the forum who can [and hopefully will] enlighten us further

1.0.3 on 12.04 runs better than on any previous combination i have experienced; it is really a marvel [picture now as well] and since totally free to all i see it as bone fide Linux if you see what i mean... [not open source] but i would not dare [or know how to]tinker with any of it anyway as it is pretty much perfect

RR is the best linux we have and it is pretty good but a slightly pale cousin to EAC there is also a program called Morituri which can do all that EAC does but requires high knowledge to configure so it is as good as EAC
    Last edited by shantiq; April 9th, 2014 at 08:54 AM.
    ShanArt

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cottfcfan View Post
    What advantages are there (if any) to using EAC over a linux native ripper?
    Between EAC's own methods, and being able to compare with AccurateRip and CUETools databases, you have a very high confidence in knowing the bits are the same as on the original CD. This goes past sonic quality, as bad PCM samples can cause transients that are painful to both ears and speakers/IEMs. (Audio players typically mask bad data, usually causing a drop-out, rather than a potentially damaging spike.)

Access to the GD3 and CUETools databases, make tags a lot more reliable and keep major re-tagging to a minimum.

CUETools' CUERipper is very good too, runs under VirtualBox, but doesn't have the GD3 access. CUETools itself is said to run under Mono, but I haven't had much success there.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting the various .dll plugins for EAC (CUETools, GD3, for example) to be recognized under Wine...

Beans
    Distro

fdkaac

There is a new codec which will give you a very high-grade aac/m4a. It is called fdkaac; and i have placed it here [Ubuntu cloud]

to produce a small size but high audio quality file in HE-AACv2 use

-b 38k -a 1 -p 29 --ignore-length %source% -o %dest% --artist "%artist%" --title "%title%" --album "%albumtitle%"
    --date "%year%" --genre "%genre%" --comment "%comment%" --composer "%albumcomposer%"

if you want a "normal aac" use

-m 5 -a 1 -p 2 --ignore-length %source% -o %dest% --artist "%artist%" --title "%title%" --album "%albumtitle%"
    --date "%year%" --genre "%genre%" --comment "%comment%" --composer "%albumcomposer%"
    run
    Code:
     wine fdkaac -h
    to find more settings
    ShanArt

Beans
    Hidden!

In case anybody else is having trouble with this as I am and can't see Shantiq's pictures such as after the imperative, "DO THIS!" you have to log in to see pictures attached via the forum software. He is just configuring the drive as a cdrom in wine. Also fwiw it did not work for me. Neither did going back to eac .99 pre beta.

edit: actually it did finally work. As with many linux repairs, many bandaids were applied so it is hard to say for sure which one fixed the issue but no doubt Shantiq's method is the one that worked. Thank you Shantiq!
    Last edited by skralljt; January 27th, 2013 at 08:44 PM.
    sudo killall python sudo killall amarokapp

Beans
    Distro

good you got there skralljt it is a bit of a performance but still worth it as it does much other rippers can only dream of doing
    ShanArt

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast