Re: Cannot have 3 users logged in
Originally Posted by jacksaff
what version of ubuntu are you running, how much memory
my first idea is --> have anybody manupulatetd the /etc/security/limits.conf ? there are
1. maxsyslogins - max number of logins on the system
2. maxlogins - max number of logins for this user
on 12.04.1 it's not set by default. i search /proc and /sys but can't find a file to retrieve ors set it.
3. try "who" to see how many tty's and pts are in use.
4. have a look at /etc/securetty
5. what's about your memory ( free command )
6. have a look at the lockfiles in /var/log (just do it after a failed login)
tail -40 syslog / kern.log and auth.log
at the moment no more ideas
"What is the robbing of a bank compared to the FOUNDING of a bank?" Berthold Brecht