Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chromium won't save settings

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Chromium won't save settings

I just got "upgraded" from Chromium 22.X to 23.X, and I am no longer able to save Privacy settings. I check a box to enable to options, but they seem to get instantly cleared. This isn't an unstable beta branch I am talking about or some custom ppa. 23.X has been released. I tried creating a brand new profile, but that didn't help either. I'm running Ubuntu 12.10.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I never figured it out. I installed Chrome. No problems so far.

Beans

Problem occurs in Stable version too. I am using Lubuntu 12.10 and it does not save the settings. It is a bug. It's the version provided officially and I just upgraded my browser form 22.x to 23.0.1271.97 (Ubuntu 12.10 (23.0.1271.97-0ubuntu0.12.10.1))

I think the users have to file a bug, just like I did, it can be accessed at:
    Top right Menu > About Chromium > Report Issue

I sent the report:
    "Chromium doesn't save personl settings. If I go to top right menu > Settings, and make a change (for example, checking the "Search: Activate Google Instant" or "Initialization: Open new Tab") and refresh the page, the settings are unmade."
    Last edited by ErickRibeiro; January 20th, 2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: more datails

Beans

It seems like now, after the update, settings won't even LOAD by themselves, it just presents a blank page. The only way to view settings (which are still stuck on their default options and won't change) is to type something into the Search Settings bar and then delete it.

http://www.pictureshack.us/images/10946_settings01.gif

Beans

Ah, another new problem arose with the latest update. Not only are settings not being saved and they won't even appear without doing what I did in the GIF above, but also trying to clear any browsing data causes the whole browser to freeze! I tried clearing my cache, and as soon as I pressed "OK" to clear it it simply stopped responding...

This is getting extremely frustrating... Is there any easy way to compile from source, without having to go through all the hoops Chromium wants?

EDIT: Another update came out. It seems to have fixed a few of the issues, but the primary problem of settings not being saved remains...
    Last edited by Stonecold1995; February 3rd, 2013 at 10:01 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMark View Post
    Possibly just another chromium ppa that has fallen by the wayside, apparently chromium is a hard project to package, so sooner or later the package maintainer seems to lose interest
    +1. Last I heard, someone from Canonical was going to handle updates of Chromium. But that was a while ago.

Edit: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ppas?name_filter=cmiller has "chromium-browser-beta-daily" and "chromium-browser-stable-daily" but these are still version 24. Chrome stable, as defined by Google, is version 24. Chrome beta, as defined by Google, is version 25.
    Last edited by vasa1; February 4th, 2013 at 03:45 AM.

Beans

Smile Re: Chromium won't save settings

Problems solved on Chromium 24.0.1312.56 Ubuntu 12.10 (24.0.1312.56-0ubuntu0.12.10.3)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12