Thread: Help with mupen64!!

Beans

Angry Help with mupen64!!

I have looked around and found nobody anywhere experiencing the problem I have. I have installed mupen64 successfully, but when I open a rom and it loads and click play the resulting dialogue box to select the Ucodes is completely unresponsive. I can't change the bullet points so the rom I am loading always fails. The only button that works for me is the OK button. Any idea why this could be happening and what could be done to fix it? Thanks, for your time. Also it should be noted I am still a noob when it comes to all things linux ^^

Beans

Re: Help with mupen64!!

Are you using the original Mupen64 or Mupen64plus? The original one hasn't been updated in 7 years, so you want to make sure you're using the plus version: http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/ (it might be in Software Center, but I can't check right now. Worth looking first though)
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Help with mupen64!!

I can vouch for the Plus version being in the software center, because I use it a lot. ^^ It doesn't have a GUI, though, so it leaves a lot of configuring to be done in text editors, and you'll need to create custom launchers for individual games too. Worth it compared to putting up with Wine's astrocious stuttering problems with Pulse on Project64, though.