My bad i should have include the shutdown in the command
    'sudo shutdown -P now'
    Ubuntu 12.04. 64bit. Desktop version. Gnome 3.4.1 O͜͡.O~

Beans

Re: 12.10 will not shut down

Tried sudo shutdown -h now. Boots right back up again

Beans

I noticed the same problem with Toshiba C855. No way to shut down, it keeps restarting again. Then I unplugged it from AC and while on battery it shuts down normally.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eddugo View Post
    I have a brand new Acer Aspire V5 with Windows 7 and 12.10 alongside it. When I shut down 12.10 by clicking on shut down the system restarts, It does this every time. The only way I can power down from 12.10 is by pressing and holding the power key or booting windows and shutting it down. I have read postings similar to this, all Aser aspire models, on other forums with no replies.
    Thank you in advance for any help.
    I have exactly the same situation - brand new V5 with Win7 and 12.10. It just will not shut down. So frustrating. Have you come across any solution yet?

Thanks.

Beans

Same here. Just got an acer aspire v5 and it reboots when I select shutdown.
    Have been going through quite some threads now, but nothing yet. One thread mentioned that it is the power management of the USB ports that is to blame, but it was on fedora so could not try the fix mentioned there...
    The workaround I use now is to hit the power button when I get the grub menu. It shuts down quite cleanly then. But it would be nice to have a simple shut down functional.

Beans

I have the same problem. I just bought my Acer Aspire V5-471 and installed Ubuntu 12.10 as my single OS.

At first it was okay. But few days later, I have problem with shutdown process. It always restarted when I click shutdown. Searching on the web for many times, but still have no any solution. I've tried many codes using terminal, but the result was always the same.

Maybe the only solution is just reinstalled this OS. Huh..

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I have the same problem on my Asus eee B202 PC, except that I have Ubuntu 12.04 only installed (no M$ Windows). To make matters worse for me, it is an intermittent problem – even harder to try and solve.

I have ready many threads from members with the same problem. Still no solution has been found.
    ASUS eee B202, Atom N270 1.6GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, 160GB SATA HDD, Windows XP + Lubuntu 16.04

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12