Thread: Printer install

Beans

Printer install

I have just upgraded to ubuntu13.04 I cannot get my canon pixma ip1900 to install have tried just about every thing and I am getting very frustrated I get this message after following the recommendations CUPS server error There was an error during the CUOS operation:'client-error-documentation-format-not supported I also noteiced no drivers for my particular printer yet there are for other models I'm getting very frustrated

can any one help ? please ?

ta

Beans

Re: Printer install

How did you install your printer before?
    Software Center? web site? manufacturer CD?

How did you upgrade?
    For example, if you 'upgraded' by reinstalling, then of course all previous installs were wiped...

Beans

Canon ip1900 install ......Canon supply both rpm and deb packages

you must be very frustrated and exasperated Andy;

you don't mention if you have 32bit or 64bit Ubuntu installed;

with 32bit, Canon supply .deb packages that should get the ip1900 going well;

for 64bit, you will need some symbolic links as well as the Canon drivers; (the symbolic links tell your system to look in lib64 whereas the drivers will think only to look in lib ............)

Canon supplies two packages;

1) install the common package first: get it from here http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/c...100159003.html and it comes down as cnijfilter-common_3.00-1_i386.deb so as you click to download gdebi installer should offer to install ......accept its kind offer .....

2) install the ip1900 package: go here http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/c...100159101.html and download the cnijfilter-ip1900series_3.00-1_i386.deb ..again let gdebi installer do the work ............

let us know whether you have 32bit or 64bit